Options

Portable Drive with bells and whistles

GuzzlerGuzzler Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited October 6, 2004 in Accessories
Here's something interesting Archos Gmini 400.

gmini400.jpg

Now I know you're wondering, "Why talk about an MP3, Video Player on a digital photography forum?!?!?" Aaaaaa.... Check the specs:
  • Built-in CompactFlash™ reader to copy data or images from memory cards to the Gmini400
  • Store and view up to 200,000 digital photos* on a color LCD or TV
  • 20GB 1.8" Hard Disk – Store up to 300 hours of music, 200,000 photos or 80 hours of MPEG-4 videos*.

This sounds like an interesting thing for digital photographers on the road.

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    Going to DC, need toys, and sweet spots.....
    Guzzler wrote:
    Here's something interesting Archos Gmini 400.

gmini400.jpg

Now I know you're wondering, "Why talk about an MP3, Video Player on a digital photography forum?!?!?" Aaaaaa.... Check the specs:
    • Built-in CompactFlash™ reader to copy data or images from memory cards to the Gmini400
    • Store and view up to 200,000 digital photos* on a color LCD or TV
    • 20GB 1.8" Hard Disk – Store up to 300 hours of music, 200,000 photos or 80 hours of MPEG-4 videos*.
    This sounds like an interesting thing for digital photographers on the road.
    Do you think they would put me in a Beta trial, something, anything, where it was free. Or who would you suggest killing to get it. As the phrase goes, I would kill for that gizmor right now. I am only going to be in DC for 5 days, then with the family at Thanksgiving. It would be nice to have at those times. I do not, no I really don't, have the money to buy that and no cards.

Does anyone rent stuff like this? It would be a real hit with my daughter and granddaughter the week after next.

ginger

Would probably cost me $500.00, but would be one shot packing for my trip. I have a long train ride. With a loop system, $50.00, for the hard of hearing, I could listen to my music on the long train ride from here. Then I could play games, not my thing, but neither are trains. AND those people, my relatives, they love to see pictures of themselves. Forget pretty photos, etc, they would love to see themselves on the TV, whatever.

I never had an elementary age kid "friend", never, except one of my own best friends, a fellow outcast. Even my grandkids, never knew them, they were scared of me, as I couldn't hear them, a fact that terrified me.

But carrying a digital............hehehe, they love it. No words are needed. Nervous kid, take kid's photo, kid loses all fear in order to see photo of self, and more, and more. This would be a super hit. And I could shoot more.

Maybe even one of those landscapes.

Even if you all are busy that week and can't see me (I will be in Woodbridge), please let me know your "sweet photo spots".

If two small kids can run that is a plus. Also parking is a plus. Sara likes Mt Vernon. I am so tired of that place, must be more..........cheap, free, places to go where I could photograph, kids could run, ages 4 and 6, and Sara could do whatever Sara does. Oh, and hopefully there would be some kind of landscape set up.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.