Options

Question for the peanut gallery about Wedding Photograhpy

wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
edited April 20, 2006 in Weddings
Ok kids I have been thinking about it more and more and I think I would like to get into doing weddings.

Now the best way I was thinking was trying to make some contacts and being a 2nd shooter, that way I would make a little cash and get a lot of experience and the point of view from someone in the business.
But of course I thought of this now, I could of just tagged along with my sister in law to the bridal shows and maybe made some contacts there but well I think those are all done for the season.

So that being said, anyone know of any good ways for me to make some contacts rather than just out and out cold calling some photograhpers?

Comments

• Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2006
    Where are you located? This forum might be a good way... you never know.

I have been thinking the same thing, and plan on calling a local studio to see how the hire 2nd shooters.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 19, 2006
    this thread should really be called: random thoughts of a crazy girl who's too busy to even breathe, let alone be a commercial wedding photog!

lol3.gif

wave.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    leroysleroys Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    AH, Memories of checking and rechecking gear, Cranky relatives, Calling my brother in law when my car would not start, Feeling green at the gills from cigarrette smoke, Collapsing on my bed still clothed smelling like smoke after 12 hours of committment to a client,Ears ringing, God, I miss those days.
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    this thread should really be called: random thoughts of a crazy girl who's too busy to even breathe, let alone be a commercial wedding photog!

lol3.gif

wave.gif

Yeah but I will be done with school after the summer....and well only one class during the summer come on plenty of time (well you add in im looking for a photoshop class to take and maybe a dance class too :) )

Oh yeah someone called me yesterday about a PHD program.......:D

Oh and to answer the above question about location I am in Western Mass......