Options

Dog on a swing !

NikyNiky Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited October 6, 2004 in Wildlife
This is our dog Holly.She thinks that she is one of the kids . She is watching a squirrel in another tree.Just when you think your pet has done it all !

9355867-L.jpg

Niky

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2004
    Niky wrote:
    This is our dog Holly.She thinks that she is one of the kids . She is watching a squirrel in another tree.Just when you think your pet has done it all !

Niky
    Thats a lovely shot...any shot with a doggie in it is wonderful to me..clap.gif
    9355867-S.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Thats a lovely shot...any shot with a doggie in it is wonderful to me..clap.gif
    9355867-S.jpg
    Thanks so much,I sure wish I could get the quality of photos that I see on this site .Wow there sure is some talented people here!
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    Niky wrote:
    Thanks so much,I sure wish I could get the quality of photos that I see on this site .Wow there sure is some talented people here!
    Just keep shooting and you will.. I think your shot is pretty good quality actually. Maybe if Holly was not quite center it would be better balanced. Good tutorials on compostion here

Good Luck! :D
    Lynn
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    That is a great dog shot. Must be a contest with that picture's name on it.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    That is a great dog shot. Must be a contest with that picture's name on it.

ginger
    Thanks
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2004
    The best way to take a good shot is to show up. And the more you show up, the better your shots will be.

I wish I were as good at certain things as others are here, but in reality, I am the only one taking my pictures. I used to paint, I am really terrible there, but I justified it, If I Didn't Paint It, no one else would.

Knowing the rules is helpful, it is kind of like grammar, IMO, you have to know them, before you can break them all.

Ain't that the truth, too. I have a lot of dog shots, but I don't have one sitting on a swing.

I really do think you could enter it somewhere, just make sure they know that it is a swing. Then they would take your shot over my perfect beach scene with a dog by the surf and the rocks. They have seen that before, but not that many in a tire swing.

Keep showing up, smile.

ginger

(Hey, enter it in a contest that is not a photography contest, like this and others. These places are more into the rules. Other places are more into something unique. There is one, a dog one, and I don't know it does have a factor I don't like. It is one of those 24/7 books, Webshots is messed up with it. The gimmick is that if your dog doesn't make the book, you can buy the book with your dog's photo on the cover. The true part is that these books really exist, Barnes and Noble, etc carry them, and if your dog is accepted you get a free book. I don't know when it ends. That is the kind of challenge I would not have any advantage over you, in fact, I am sure they are getting lots of good dog shots............but on a swing???)

Just my 2 cents, back to my ice cream.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    The best way to take a good shot is to show up. And the more you show up, the better your shots will be.

I wish I were as good at certain things as others are here, but in reality, I am the only one taking my pictures. I used to paint, I am really terrible there, but I justified it, If I Didn't Paint It, no one else would.

Knowing the rules is helpful, it is kind of like grammar, IMO, you have to know them, before you can break them all.

Ain't that the truth, too. I have a lot of dog shots, but I don't have one sitting on a swing.

I really do think you could enter it somewhere, just make sure they know that it is a swing. Then they would take your shot over my perfect beach scene with a dog by the surf and the rocks. They have seen that before, but not that many in a tire swing.

Keep showing up, smile.

ginger

(Hey, enter it in a contest that is not a photography contest, like this and others. These places are more into the rules. Other places are more into something unique. There is one, a dog one, and I don't know it does have a factor I don't like. It is one of those 24/7 books, Webshots is messed up with it. The gimmick is that if your dog doesn't make the book, you can buy the book with your dog's photo on the cover. The true part is that these books really exist, Barnes and Noble, etc carry them, and if your dog is accepted you get a free book. I don't know when it ends. That is the kind of challenge I would not have any advantage over you, in fact, I am sure they are getting lots of good dog shots............but on a swing???)

Just my 2 cents, back to my ice cream.
    Thanks so much for the great advice.I am sort in awe of the talent at this site .
    Thanks so much for your advice! Niky