Options

Help with Canon i960 Printing Problems

hollychollyc Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited April 20, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
Hello! My laptop recently went kaput so my generous husband gave me his desktop (which is much faster). He loaded PS CS2 and my Canon i960 printer on it. My problem is that whenever I print a photo, the print preview looks washed out compared to the image in PS CS2:

65384569-L.jpg

The photo actually prints like the print preview, which sucks. Granted, my monitor is not calibrated (and I know I need to do it - I promise it's on my list of things to do within the next week), but I wouldn't think that would affect the difference of these pictures when they are placed right next to each other. I have "messed around" with the color management settings and even deleted the current print driver and uploaded another one from Canon's website. I would think my messing around with the color settings would affect the photo in CS2 AND print preview, though, so I'm not sure if there's a fix there. I have also cleaned my printer, aligned the print heads and replaced any low ink, to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this problem before with the Canon i960? Any suggestions? :help

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    hollyc wrote:
    Hello! My laptop recently went kaput so my generous husband gave me his desktop (which is much faster). He loaded PS CS2 and my Canon i960 printer on it. My problem is that whenever I print a photo, the print preview looks washed out compared to the image in PS CS2:

The photo actually prints like the print preview, which sucks. Granted, my monitor is not calibrated (and I know I need to do it - I promise it's on my list of things to do within the next week), but I wouldn't think that would affect the difference of these pictures when they are placed right next to each other. I have "messed around" with the color management settings and even deleted the current print driver and uploaded another one from Canon's website. I would think my messing around with the color settings would affect the photo in CS2 AND print preview, though, so I'm not sure if there's a fix there. I have also cleaned my printer, aligned the print heads and replaced any low ink, to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this problem before with the Canon i960? Any suggestions? :help

Thanks in advance.

Try saving your photo to file.....then open it in Canon's Easy Photo Print utility. If it looks and prints okay.......then I would think it's a color management problem in CS2.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2006
    Try this : http://www.steves-digicams.com/techcorner/June_2005.html

You may be happier with using the ICC profile, especially in CS2s "proof" mode to allow you to make your changes to suit the way it will print.