Options

Baseball help

wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
edited April 24, 2006 in Technique
I will be shooting a Triple-A baseball game for the first time on Friday night. The game will be under the evening sun and then lights (hopefully decent at a Triple-A park). I have rented a 200/2.8L prime and will have a borrowed Canon 1.4x TC; my body is a 20D. I also have access to a Kenko Pro 1.4x if anyone thinks stacking would be beneficial.

The interesting thing is my goal will be to photograph the home plate umpire. He is my uncle, and this will be his first time behind home plate for a AAA game. It's a big deal for him, hence my presence.

I have very little experience with long lenses. My bag just has a Tamron 28-75/2.8 and a 50/1.8 right now. This will be my first "L" experience. I'm thinking of picking up a monopod to help with camera shake.

I'm not sure how much access I'll have, but I assume getting as low as I can along the first or third baselines with the intent to shoot back up the diamond will be my goal.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is a once-in-a-lifetime deal for my uncle, and I'd like to capture the moments well. Thanks!

Comments