Options

New to the site...

GiggleEyesGiggleEyes Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited October 8, 2004 in Wildlife
Wanted to say hello and show a little of my pics....please be nice I am new to this...

47b4d711b3127cceb7ffbc0c53100000001610

47b4d711b3127cceb7ffbce3d2cf0000001610

47b4d711b3127cceb7ffbce653fa0000001610

Comments

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2004
    GiggleEyes wrote:
    You need to try that out I only get a blank screen on all three????
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2004
    jwear wrote:
    You need to try that out I only get a blank screen on all three????
    Ok they should work now...Sorry :( LIke I said I am new to this!
  • Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2004
    2nd and 3rd ones are really nice. 1st doesn't have the 'wow' factor. Very nice scenery, dramatic. :D

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2004
    Hi Gigs, welcome! I really liked the 3rd one, that's got to be the US pacific coast, right? Reminds me of a vacation I took once, had a wonderful time. I hope you don't mind, but I played with the picture a bit to make it pop a bit. If you object, I'll take this off.

9250777-O.jpg

Keep posting shots!
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2004
    Dj
    how did you clean that up ? in a few words and it worked looks gooood!clap.gif
    Jeff W

• Options
    edited October 2, 2004
    jwear wrote:
    how did you clean that up ? in a few words and it worked looks gooood!clap.gif
    I'm glad you like it. I put it in photoshop and tweaked it a bit, mostly the "levels" adjustment on selected areas. The upper left is blown out, but the rest I just played with to make a bit deeper. I also used a sharpening filter to take out some of the haze.

If you have photoshop I can explain exactly what I did, and there's tons of good threads here about post-processing. This is where I learned how to fix my photos.

If you are new to post-processing (like I was a few months ago) I have a warning for you: it is highlly addictive!
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2004
    Dj
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I'm glad you like it. I put it in photoshop and tweaked it a bit, mostly the "levels" adjustment on selected areas. The upper left is blown out, but the rest I just played with to make a bit deeper. I also used a sharpening filter to take out some of the haze.

If you have photoshop I can explain exactly what I did, and there's tons of good threads here about post-processing. This is where I learned how to fix my photos.

If you are new to post-processing (like I was a few months ago) I have a warning for you: it is highlly addictive!
    jwear wrote:
    I do not have ps I have ordered elements 3 I think it was 3 its not out yet.Have a copy of 7 never loaded it seems like cs is better.Reading a how to book on each.I have spent more time looking at ps than I have taking pic.Its funny that is [sharpening] what I was reading .which version ps are you using??.oh yea on the addivtive part I think I have hemroids from setting at the computer so much I have taken less pic and messed with them ,more after finding this site rolleyes1.gif jwear
    Jeff W

• Options
    edited October 2, 2004
    rolleyes1.gif I'm using PS6. It's a lot of fun, and it makes you more aware of what you are doing when you shoot, because you can see what you had to do to fix the bad ones earlier!

I think Elements 3 will be great for you, good luck with it. Any questions, just check here and it may already have been posted. If not, ask and I'm sure Cletus will have the answer for you. He's the man! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2004
    GiggleEyes wrote:
    Wanted to say hello and show a little of my pics....please be nice I am new to this...
    Were these photos taken just north of the Golden Gate Bridge?

Sam
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2004
    Yeah they where taken at Point Benita *spelling* It was so beautiful that day. I have a lot more if you would like to see....
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2004
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Hi Gigs, welcome! I really liked the 3rd one, that's got to be the US pacific coast, right? Reminds me of a vacation I took once, had a wonderful time. I hope you don't mind, but I played with the picture a bit to make it pop a bit. If you object, I'll take this off.

9250777-O.jpg

Keep posting shots!
    No DJ, I dont mind at all you did a great job with it! Thanks!!! :D Yeah this is just on the north side of the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2004
    GiggleEyes wrote:
    Yeah they where taken at Point Benita *spelling* It was so beautiful that day. I have a lot more if you would like to see....
    I was up there about a month ago, and took some photos as well. The entire coast is riddled with great little coves and fantastic views. You can spend days just ridding along, stopping and exploring each new location. I have stopped at Bean Hollow three different times and came away with three different types of photos. Viewing the folders it would be hard to guess it was all shot in the same area.

Sam
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
    wave.gif Welcome to the site Giggle! :D
    Lynn
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited October 8, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    I was up there about a month ago, and took some photos as well. The entire coast is riddled with great little coves and fantastic views. You can spend days just ridding along, stopping and exploring each new location. I have stopped at Bean Hollow three different times and came away with three different types of photos. Viewing the folders it would be hard to guess it was all shot in the same area.

Sam
    What's so nice about the San Mateo coastline is the accessibility.

Bean Hollow Beach and it's neighbor to the south often get huge loads of driftwood during a major storm leaving some impressive photo ops.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?