Options

Lake Pukaki (NZ) Panorama

JesmolJesmol Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited October 11, 2004 in Wildlife
Another panorama, this time Lake Pukaki, which is in the middle of the South Island of NZ, on a clear day you can see to Mt Cook (roughly in the middle of the Photo)
Taken using my Fuji F610, and 8 photos stitched using PTGui

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2004
    thumb.gif Beautiful!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    FreeUpsFreeUps Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2004
    Really nice Jes. I want to try shooting pano's, but I seem to have a lot of trouble with it. I have a three way panhead, I lock the angle and the tilt in place, take picture one, then pan for picture two, and everything has a different perspective. I'm not really sure what I need to do to keep an overlapping building the same angle when I go to stich it later. Any pointers??

I know my angle needs adjusted, I just have no clue where to go with it.
    :flush

Thanks
    Marshall
    No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter
  • Options
    JesmolJesmol Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited October 11, 2004
    FreeUps wrote:
    Really nice Jes. I want to try shooting pano's, but I seem to have a lot of trouble with it. I have a three way panhead, I lock the angle and the tilt in place, take picture one, then pan for picture two, and everything has a different perspective. I'm not really sure what I need to do to keep an overlapping building the same angle when I go to stich it later. Any pointers??

I know my angle needs adjusted, I just have no clue where to go with it.
    :flush

Thanks
    Marshall
    I'm no expert on this stuff, and have learnt that I did things very wrong with these shots, luckily most of em worked out OK. Anyway below are what I understand to be some good starting point for stitching.

1: Use the same exposure settings for all shots (have camera in manual mode).

2: Dont go too wide on the shots, ie use a lens at approx 50mm SLR equivalent, rather than the widest setting on your digital, this will minimise the perspective distortion.

3: Use good software. I tried the std CanoStich and it isn't much chop. PanoTools and PTGUi, used with Enblend and AutoPano are fairly easy to use, but require reasonable PC Grunt to work quick.

Good Luck Matt