Options

Doggie Opportunity

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited April 30, 2006 in Wildlife
Hi.. I have the wonderful opportunity to attend an agility dog trial tomorrow. I LOVE agility and also doggies.. problem it.. it's gonna be bright 11 am to 2 pm sun.. I thought I would stop down at least one stop but any other suggestions would be appreciated..

Here's hoping for some wonderful doggie expressions tomorrow.. hopefully NOT overexposed!!!

tks
Lynn:dunno :uhoh :scratch :huh

Comments

• Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Good luck!

Maybe take that ND filter along?
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Expose for the dogs. Stopping down for a dark black dog isn't going to give you the detail you'll want. White dogs might be blown also if you only stop down a stop. If you can get there early and take a couple readings and shots of the white and black dogs (or anything that's white or black for that matter) you can check your histogram and get a better feel for what to expect exposure wise. The light intensity will be pretty constant so once you zero in on exposure, you should be prett ygood for the majority of the high afternoon sun/light. You can always bracket also...to cover your rear end. :uhoh

Good luck.
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Expose for the dogs. Stopping down for a dark black dog isn't going to give you the detail you'll want. White dogs might be blown also if you only stop down a stop. If you can get there early and take a couple readings and shots of the white and black dogs (or anything that's white or black for that matter) you can check your histogram and get a better feel for what to expect exposure wise. The light intensity will be pretty constant so once you zero in on exposure, you should be prett ygood for the majority of the high afternoon sun/light. You can always bracket also...to cover your rear end. :uhoh

Good luck.
    Yes good advice..thanks. I'm really looking forward to it. Saw the dogs performing yesterday (no camera of course?) and the intense looks on their faces was absolutely amazing.. I hope to get some good shots.
    :D Lynn
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi.. I have the wonderful opportunity to attend an agility dog trial tomorrow. I LOVE agility and also doggies.. problem it.. it's gonna be bright 11 am to 2 pm sun.. I thought I would stop down at least one stop but any other suggestions would be appreciated..

Here's hoping for some wonderful doggie expressions tomorrow.. hopefully NOT overexposed!!!

tks
    Lynnne_nau.gif :uhoh headscratch.gifeek7.gif

Oh goody, more doggy pictures coming. rolleyes1.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"