Options

Egret Chicks

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited April 30, 2006 in Wildlife
I did everything I do...........everything, smile! This is a large crop which is rather unusual for me. I uploaded, culled out the really bad photos, then picked this for my Daily Photo. Since I did add curves at the end to give it a bit more pop, I am posting it. Is this better? Than the linen skirt, if you remember it........or if not, is it ok?

ginger

66920946-L.jpg

It may be a crop, but it is also a large, so I don't know why it isn't large......?

g
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Its a very nice photo, I think the crop worked out great. The wings of the mother egret is cool because it shows that shes still there and looking over them, kinda cool. Nice job Ginger.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Its a very nice photo, I think the crop worked out great. The wings of the mother egret is cool because it shows that shes still there and looking over them, kinda cool. Nice job Ginger.

Thanks, Mark............and after all that I put a squirrel on the daily photo,rolleyes1.gif .

It will be chicks, and more chicks for the next couple of months, or longer. There are no birds in the other haunts, they are all nesting.

I did get reflections and stuff today..........and, of course, the squirrel!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Good shot Ginger. The crop worked very well on this shot. thumb.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Great crop with very nice results. Good work.

Dick.
    "Nothing sharpens sight like envy."
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Very nice, Ginger. It has plenty of pop. It's not very large because it's a vertical shot. The verticals are never very large when posted.

The crop is cool. Just right, I'd say. thumb.gif

I love the chicks shots. Be sure to send some to Kodak. I think baby birds are every bit as loveable as puppies.:D
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog