Polarizing filter

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited February 5, 2004 in Technique
I'm going canoe camping with my camera in the summer and will be taking a lot of shots (hopefully) of loons and such on the water. Do you guys think I should get a polarizing filter, do I really need one? and if so does anyone have a used one for sale.
Lynn
p.s. I'm also thinking ... do I need a macro lens, and how can I get a used one cheap. My camera and lenses are all new but I'm such a beginner I don't want to spend any more money where I don't need to just yet. BUT WANT MORE GOODIES!!!
lynn

Comments

• cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I'm going canoe camping with my camera in the summer and will be taking a lot of shots (hopefully) of loons and such on the water. Do you guys think I should get a polarizing filter, do I really need one? and if so does anyone have a used one for sale.
    Lynn
    p.s. I'm also thinking ... do I need a macro lens, and how can I get a used one cheap. My camera and lenses are all new but I'm such a beginner I don't want to spend any more money where I don't need to just yet. BUT WANT MORE GOODIES!!!
    lynn
    instead of a macro lens.... think about extension tubes and/or close-up lenses.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2004
    It's never going to hurt having a polarizer in your bag. You never know when it might come in handy.

Also, I agree with cmr164 - try out some of the less expensive macro options before investing in a high-dolar macro lens.
  • tsiyatsiya Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited February 5, 2004
    PL filter was money well spent
    lynnma wrote:
    Lynn
    lynn
    The quality of my shots made a quantam leap when I started to use a polarizer. In about 85% of My shots, water is a factor. My PL filter made a great improvement, and it is an "el cheapo".