61157726-O.jpg

Just some of the things I love aboutr spring :):
Russ

Comments

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    They're all excellent.

I'm partial to the bee shot though. The shadow on the flower is so cool. Great colors, light and comp.thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    riddim_makerriddim_maker Registered Users Posts: 1,835 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    Khaos wrote:
    They're all excellent.

I'm partial to the bee shot though. The shadow on the flower is so cool. Great colors, light and comp.thumb.gifthumb.gif

Thanks Khaos,
    as a matter of fact, the bee shot was the reason for this post.
    Russ
  • Options
    dallasdallas Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2006
    66866999-O.jpg
    66867009-O.jpg
    58940014-O.jpg
    61157726-O.jpg

Just some of the things I love aboutr spring :):

Sorry I missed these earlier Russ, but what a good series of macros. You don't stop even when the light is bad at the basin. I love the Palm tree against the mountains, and the bees aren't to shabby. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Russ these are all excellent shots. I have to say I am partial to the third though. I think it is very simple and elegant. I love the composition, the IF flower in the front left and then drawing your eye to the right and up to the back, leading back to the IF flower in front. That is a wonderful shot that I would be very proud of.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2006
    dallas wrote:
    Sorry I missed these earlier Russ, but what a good series of macros. You don't stop even when the light is bad at the basin. I love the Palm tree against the mountains, and the bees aren't to shabby. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Thanks Wiliam,
    You're right about not stopping even when the situation doesn't seem conducive to success. I think I learned that from my wife, she'll take whatever is left in the fridge and produce a gourmet meal. But then again, unlike her, I'm still in the trial and error mode. Hmmm, I'm sure glad I don't have to eat my mistakes:D.
    Russ
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Russ these are all excellent shots. I have to say I am partial to the third though. I think it is very simple and elegant. I love the composition, the IF flower in the front left and then drawing your eye to the right and up to the back, leading back to the IF flower in front. That is a wonderful shot that I would be very proud of.
    Nick, I have to commend you on your perception for detail.
    Anytime I get to concentrate on composition I feel triangles, circles and/or thirds (unless the subject or situation begs to differ). This picture indeed tends to keep the viewers eyes from wandering outside the frame.
    Your observation is very much appreciated
    Russ
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    These are absolutely sensational photos! just sensational!

I certainly cannot do the insects, but I think I will take my macro out and try to plaigerize (sp) one of the flower shots!

I love them all!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Outstanding captures Russ.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Fabulous shots! #2 and #3 are my favorites. The hovering bee with the shadow is a great capture - that shadow from the bee really adds to the image. I LOVE the composition of #3 and the colors aren't bad either thumb.gif. Thanks for sharing these!
  • Options
    Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2006
    Great pictures, very good exposure on the first and the last pic.

Dick.
    "Nothing sharpens sight like envy."
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    These are absolutely sensational photos! just sensational!

I certainly cannot do the insects, but I think I will take my macro out and try to plaigerize (sp) one of the flower shots!

I love them all!

ginger
    Thanks Ginger,
    please be my guest and "plaigerize" to your heart's content.:D I do it all the time. And please share it when you do so I can do it all over again.
    BTW, I think I was experimenting with my 50mm f1.4 at the time (#3) and #2 was taken with my 300mm f4. Have fun!
    Russ