Dgrin feature request

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited October 12, 2004 in Dgrin Forum Support
I would really like a filter for the messages or at least for the new msg notifications that would be sort of the equivalent to a killfile. Specifically I would like to be able to kill the new flag for certain topics/persons or perhaps even blank off viewing of those msgs.

For example: Lets assume that Joe-pub-x is spewing all over the various threads and I want to know when some other poster has added something new but not know when Joe-pub-x has added. Or there is this intermiable thread about puppy-poo that always has the new light on for "People, candids & portraits" and I would like to have the new light ignore that thread.

Does the above make sense?
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited October 12, 2004
    Yes, all of the above makes great sense. This is a case, I'm afraid, of the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak because we didn't write the software that powers Digital Grin. It's a commercial package from vBulletin, www.vbulletin.com.

They do have a website and forum and you could check to see if someone there is asking about it.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

All the best,
    Chris
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2004
    Interesting. So even if one puts someone on ignore, their posts still show-up in one's New Posts?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au