Options

Egret on nest, babies, low key

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited May 4, 2006 in Wildlife
comments, etc, are welcome,
thanks for looking,
ginger (I have been very tired and wiped, busy every day! Just worked photos up from 4 AM this morning)

67238576-L.jpg

Thanks again for looking! Sorry, I have been trying to keep up with you all and failing abyssmally (sp). I have been either shooting, working up photos or sleeping. Got my driver's license renewed today and some other essential errands. Just busy and tired. Gotta keep up with all the springtime activities, smile! Maybe I will stop............

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    Dick on ArubaDick on Aruba Registered Users Posts: 3,484 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2006
    Great capture Ginger and nice PP.

I noticed you fighting life just as the rest of us. Be glad you have a camera and talent on your side to sweeten the battle.

Dick.
    "Nothing sharpens sight like envy."
    Thomas Fuller.

SmugMug account.
    Website.
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2006
    Thanks, Dick.......

You always make the nicest comments!

ginger (I try to catch your stuff which I really like!)
  • Options
    evil eggplantevil eggplant Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    Lovely, you could hang this on your walls.

Hang in there, kiddo..

ginger_55 wrote:
    comments, etc, are welcome,
    thanks for looking,
    ginger (I have been very tired and wiped, busy every day! Just worked photos up from 4 AM this morning)

67238576-L.jpg

Thanks again for looking! Sorry, I have been trying to keep up with you all and failing abyssmally (sp). I have been either shooting, working up photos or sleeping. Got my driver's license renewed today and some other essential errands. Just busy and tired. Gotta keep up with all the springtime activities, smile! Maybe I will stop............

ginger
  • Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    G,

I've been lurking more than posting lately and I don't think I've told you how beautiful your recent work with the egrets has been. This one is no exceptionthumb.gif Stunning!

-jeff
  • Options
    dups41dups41 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    Spectacular! From a long time dgrin lurker this is my all time favorite thumb.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    Wonderful Ginger, you out did yourself with this onethumb.gif Every shot posted just gets better and better, amazing.
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2006
    Well good gosh, thanks, all!!! I have a method to mask all that junk now. I liked it, and I thought maybe no one else did, then you all come on and say the nicest things.

I had left the birds darkish, to go with the mood and all, but the only person who responded on our local list said that the photo was too dark, so I lightened the birds in Curves this morning. (Other than that I have been trying to make actions to do things easier, some strange things are happening.) But here is the bird light, with a frame I put on in a new action. I realized that these photos did not need a big heavy white frame, IMO, and many photos don't, so I made an action for this frame: white at .5% and grey at 1%. That action finally worked. Here is the whiter bird, with the smaller double frame.

ginger (thanks again, you all, wonderful people!)

67448852-L.jpg
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Well good gosh, thanks, all!!! I have a method to mask all that junk now. I liked it, and I thought maybe no one else did, then you all come on and say the nicest things.

I had left the birds darkish, to go with the mood and all, but the only person who responded on our local list said that the photo was too dark, so I lightened the birds in Curves this morning. (Other than that I have been trying to make actions to do things easier, some strange things are happening.) But here is the bird light, with a frame I put on in a new action. I realized that these photos did not need a big heavy white frame, IMO, and many photos don't, so I made an action for this frame: white at .5% and grey at 1%. That action finally worked. Here is the whiter bird, with the smaller double frame.

67448852-L.jpg

Just beautiful Ginger. I love the effect. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    sweet clap.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    riddim_makerriddim_maker Registered Users Posts: 1,835 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Wow! This kinda reminds me of a Rembrandt (Chiaroscuro)
    I agree, you can frame it and hang it on the wall.
    Nice work Ginger thumb.gif
    Russ
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2006
    Wow! This kinda reminds me of a Rembrandt (Chiaroscuro)
    I agree, you can frame it and hang it on the wall.
    Nice work Ginger thumb.gif

Thanks, Russ...........in general, and that means 90% of a 10 person response, my local group dislikes that photo intensely. I guess it is one of those things that you either like.........or you don't.

I did several, posted them here, then took them all down except that one. It is my favorite.

Honestly, even the people who do not like that post work, even they say that their own shots are ruined by the folliage: those who have actually tried to photograph that, one of the two closest nests. I don't know what their answer would be. So far it has been not to show their shots. The shot that I cloned the folliage out of, it ended up looking similar to this one in style and the "dark side".

But I always have liked low key/high key stuff. And I do know that some people think a photograph is not valid unless it is just about straight out of the camera. Which I don't agree with. There are many different styles that I like in photography.

But I really appreciate your input, Russ!

thanks,
    ginger
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    sweet clap.gif

Thanks, Harry!

ginger
  • Options
    Yorkie DadYorkie Dad Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Wow! I think this is a simply gorgeous shot. I don't do many bird photos as I don't have the long lens, but do enjoy your work and that of others on these beautiful birds.
    Thanks

ginger_55 wrote:

67448852-L.jpg
    www.artguertin-photography.com

"There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care who gets the credit."
    - Philip Hyde (1922-2006)
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Wonderful!!!thumb.gif

bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif GINGER.
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Very nice image, and beautiful treatment Ginger. I bet you're having fun doing stuff like this, in spite of you talking how tired you are from it. smile.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Nice shot Ginger. thumb.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Beautiful shot, Ginger, and I love the new narrow frame. It works really well with the photo - letting the eye go right to the chicks and the Mom.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Ginger, you really found some great light. Beautiful.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Would love to see this one larger Ginger, very large! Stunning.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Looks good to me clap.gif