Options

There's gold in those branches....

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited May 4, 2006 in Wildlife
goldfinches, and im gonna get me some.....

67658202-L.jpg

troy

Comments

• Options
    riddim_makerriddim_maker Registered Users Posts: 1,835 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Beautiful capture of the Gold finch and silky smooth background thumb.gif
    Russ
  • Options
    Bob&GlennieBob&Glennie Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Awww, that is so cute. Those little critters are hard to shoot, they will not sit still. Good picture. Nice and sharp. Good clean yellow. Catch light in the eye. Nice soft light. Fabulous background.

Bob
    See with your Heart
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited May 3, 2006
    Stunning capture! thumb.gif

And rats, you beat me to it. I've been stalking this one gold finch in the yard for a couple of weeks now, and struggling mightly to get a clean shot of him. Yours is perfect, darn it. :pissed

Well, ok. That's a male Gold Finch. Let's see who's the first to post a picture of a female. deal.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2006
    kdog wrote:

And rats, you beat me to it. I've been stalking this one gold finch in the yard for a couple of weeks now, and struggling mightly to get a clean shot of him. Yours is perfect, darn it. :pissed

Well, ok. That's a male Gold Finch. Let's see who's the first to post a picture of a female. deal.gif

Cheers,
    -joel

Thanx Joel!!! Its really appreciated! I was able to get home a little early today and when i went out isaw him on the branch - i had no time to get my 400 mm, had to use the 70-200 and there fore this is a blow-up from a crop.... but i think he'll be coming around alot more so Ill be ready next time!
    btw, ive been chasing him for a week or so lately too !!

troy
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2006
    kdog wrote:

Cheers,
    -joel

BTW, i like a challenge !!

here ya go....
    67666989-M.jpg

troy
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2006
    windoze wrote:
    BTW, i like a challenge !!

here ya go....
    67666989-M.jpg

troy
    Doh.jpg

:D Good work, Troy.

The first one is a knock out. Crop you say? Heck, all of my bird shots are serious crops, and they're all taken at 400mm. Dunno which 70-200 you have, but all three of them are reputed to be super sharp lenses, and it really shows in your photo.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Oh so sweeeet, Troy. Those are both great shots. Great lenses or not, Troy always nails 'em!!thumb.gifthumb
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2006
    snapapple wrote:
    Oh so sweeeet, Troy. Those are both great shots. Great lenses or not, Troy always nails 'em!!thumb.gifthumb

Thanx snappy , but the congrats is for you on your KPOTD on May 7th in NYC!!! I have been trying to find somebody who can take the picture for you...

thanx again,

troy
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2006
    Awww, that is so cute. Those little critters are hard to shoot, they will not sit still. Good picture. Nice and sharp. Good clean yellow. Catch light in the eye. Nice soft light. Fabulous background.

Bob

thanx Russ ( above) and Bob,

i didnt think it had come ouut sharp enough but overall i like it, glad you did too!

troy
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    Hey I think one landed in my yard the other day thumb.gifne_nau.gif

67292438-O.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2006
    Very pretty picture, Ben. I don't think that's a gold finch though, unless it's a different variety. Look carefully at the male and female photos here. These are precisely what Troy and I are seeing up here in NY.

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/American_Goldfinch.html

Regards,
    -joel
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    thumb.gif superb very nice photo great detail
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2006
    windoze wrote:
    Thanx snappy , but the congrats is for you on your KPOTD on May 7th in NYC!!! I have been trying to find somebody who can take the picture for you...

thanx again,

troy

Thanks Troy,
    4labs is gonna do it for me. Nice to have such good friends. iloveyou.gif

Keep up the good work.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog