Options

Park at Sunset, Ottawa Ontario

GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
edited May 4, 2006 in Wildlife
This is nature, but not wildlife, unless you count the soulette of the people as animals, hehe.

I just wanted to get some openions on this. I personally feel its to over exposed, but at the same time the effect it gives is interesting.

67174450-M.jpg
http://gerrydavid.smugmug.com/photos/67174450-L.jpg
F2.8 @ 1/640, iso 100

There wasnt much post work done, other than cropping to 8:10 ratio, and slight curves adjustment. Also slight brightness/shadow adjustment.

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Great lighting in that shot. thumb.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Bob&GlennieBob&Glennie Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2006
    Don't tell me, let me guess. We're looking west, upstream on the Ottawa at Andrew Haden Park? The Nepean Sailing Club is just beyond. Am I right?

Georgeous city, Ottawa. Have you been down to Mud Lake Conservation Area in Britania? The Great Horned Owl chicks are out of the nest and flying and the wood ducks are starting to arrive.

Bob
    See with your Heart
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2006
    Don't tell me, let me guess. We're looking west, upstream on the Ottawa at Andrew Haden Park? The Nepean Sailing Club is just beyond. Am I right?

Georgeous city, Ottawa. Have you been down to Mud Lake Conservation Area in Britania? The Great Horned Owl chicks are out of the nest and flying and the wood ducks are starting to arrive.

Bob

Well I dont know about compass direction, but yup, in Andrew Haden park looking towards Dick Bell Park.

Im not sure where the mud lake conservation area is, but thanks for the heads up, Ill have to ask people where it is tomorrow. I was thinking of going over to the aboratium off of prince of wales after work.
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Great lighting in that shot. thumb.gif

Ive been getting mixed reviews. Some say its totally blown, others like the lighting, hehe. Im in the middle somewhere, im not sure how I like this, doubt id try to print it as an 8x10 though.

:0)
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2006
    Well I found it on the map, hehe, but im not sure I was in the right general direction. I drove down pinecrest accross carling into greencrest or something like that and just went straight till I couldnt go anymore and parked in that parking lot. When I walked down towards the water there was a path there and a dock, to my right was a beach. I think mud lake would be to the right of the beach but I didnt have a ton of time to walk around since it was pretty close to sunset.

I didnt see any photog type people around that I could ask.