Options

TRADED: 30g iPod Photo for Zoom Nikkor

nrChrisnrChris Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited May 5, 2006 in Flea Market
I know its kinda specific for a trade, but I'm looking to pick up one of two lenses: the 18-70mm f3.5-4.5 AFS DX "kit" lens or 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 D ED lens. I'm offering as partial payment as one year old iPod Photo, 30g LNIB with all original accessories as well as an GRifffin i Trip II transmitter, and a nifty black cordura Timbuktu case.

I'm figuring that all goes for about $200 used, so I can throw some money towards the lens depending on condition. They're going on KEH and eBay for between $200 and $250. ((I also have the kit for integrating an iPod to a factorty Ford stereo if anyone is interested).

-Chris

Comments

• Options
    jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    I am moderately interested as I have both of those lenses and seldom use them. However, I'm not that knowledgeable about IPods.

1) Will it store RAW files as well as jpeg's?

2) Can you store both pictures and music? At the same time?

3) Can you dowload the pictures to a Windows XP computer?

4) Is an extra attachment required to play music through a car stereo?

Thanks for answering my questions.
  • Options
    jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    r.e. Question #4: I now see that the "GRifffin i Trip II transmitter" allows playing through a car stereo. How well does it work? My web research turns up mixed reviews.
  • Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    1) Will it store RAW files as well as jpeg's? it should. It probably won't display them, but the iPod (any model) can be used as a portable firewire harddrive

2) Can you store both pictures and music? At the same time? yes. You are only limited by the hard drive space<

3) Can you dowload the pictures to a Windows XP computer? I think before you load the iPod with photos, you may have to format it for windows.
  • Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2006
    jthomas wrote:
    r.e. Question #4: I now see that the "GRifffin i Trip II transmitter" allows playing through a car stereo. How well does it work? My web research turns up mixed reviews.

Basically it transmits to the radio. Reception/quality really depends on where you live and the amount of radio stations that are on the dial. You tune your radio to a frequency that you set on the iPod.

I found that it was ok...I'm looking to hopefully connect mine directly to my radio...but that means I have to buy a new radio.
  • Options
    nrChrisnrChris Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2006
    Trade Pending
    Trade Pending. Erik, you can go ahead and kill this thread.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 5, 2006
    nrChris wrote:
    Trade Pending. Erik, you can go ahead and kill this thread.
    your wish is my command.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]