Options

Bif +

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited May 8, 2006 in Wildlife
Figured I would see if the Mute was still at the Fish Hatchery, finally found it. A bunch of Killdeer on most of the gravel access roads so had to kick the gaggles of geese of the grass dams. Sun was getting a bit harsh by the time I got there but....C&C always welcome

Tree Swallow, the nesting box is in deep shade, this is the best shot of one I've gotten so far..In flight, not in this life time:D

68483539-L.jpg

68483620-L.jpg

Figured if I had to herd them off the path might as well take a shot68483439-L.jpg

Now this, bad light angle and believe it or not I actually knew it. However he kept flying from pond to pond and, well, this time I just 'did it'.

68488312-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    riddim_makerriddim_maker Registered Users Posts: 1,835 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2006
    It's nice to see what Swallows look like when they're not in flight, you could sure go through a lot of gigs to capture these guys in flight.
    Nice shots Thusie, especially the Egret thumb.gif
    Russ
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2006
    Good set especially the geese shosts.thumb.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2006
    Thanks Russ and Harry! Was nice to get away from home for a bit:):
  • Options
    vandanavandana Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2006
    like the bif shot, nice splash of water there for the liftoff !thumb.gif
  • Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Tree Swallow, the nesting box is in deep shade, this is the best shot of one I've gotten so far..In flight, not in this life time:D

Very nice series Thusie! Don't sell yourself short on the swallows in flight. If you can get that goose taking off I'm sure you can pull it. Besides, if you end up with 400 bad shots you can just hit the delete button--not like yur wastin film! (I know this better than most becuase its mostly what I do:D)

-j

• Options
    edited May 8, 2006
    (I know this better than most becuase its mostly what I do:D)
    -j

I delete a LOT:D Thank God its not film. Thanks Jeff

Glad you like the lift off Vandana:):