Options

Hi from me

webwizardwebwizard Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited October 17, 2004 in Cameras
Hi All:
Just joined this forum after converting to digital last May. Been shooting film for a number of years and then laid off for a while. There is a learning curve going to digital from film and also I'm a little rusty.

Found Smugmug after a few Googles and experimenting with Shutterfly. Like "smug" much beter even though you ghave to pay, it's way worth it; plus it led me here.

I work in the mortgage business, which can be very nutso at times, so I find this a great way to relax again.

Got a Rebel before going to Italy in May on vacation, moved up to a 10d in August and boom; out comes the 20d. Just sold my Rebel to get the $$$ for a 20d but still have my old film bodies(EOS 1 and A2E). Can I get anything for them?

Looked A Tallyn's per Andy's recommendation but their web site price is higher. Did I miss something?

Looking forward to participating here. Just posted my first challenge photo today.

http://webwiz.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2004
    yep
    MOST OF THE TIME GOOD AND HONEST IS NOT CHEAPne_nau.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited October 17, 2004
    Welcome!

Just took a quick look at the Rodeo series. The barrel race (I think that's
    what you call it?) is a great shot. The rider looks very relaxed and the horse
    is "powering through" the "corner". Very nice.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    webwizard wrote:
    Hi All:
    this a great way to relax again.

Got a Rebel before going to Italy in May on vacation, moved up to a 10d in August and boom; out comes the 20d. Just sold my Rebel to get the $$$ for a 20d but still have my old film bodies(EOS 1 and A2E). Can I get anything for them?

Hi ya, webwizard wave.gif Welcome aboard!

You could test the waters by signing up at www.fredmiranda.com (it's identical to registering here, and free) and placing an ad in their buy/sell. Be very accurate in your description of the condition of the cameras and how they've been used. It's a very active community, so it's best to be as straight as you can. You might try setting a price and also putting OBO (or best offer) to see what you'll get. Be wary of low-ball offers, if they seem absurdly low.

Having said all that, I suspect the demand will be low. ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    webwizardwebwizard Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Hi ya, webwizard wave.gif Welcome aboard!

You could test the waters by signing up at www.fredmiranda.com (it's identical to registering here, and free) and placing an ad in their buy/sell. Be very accurate in your description of the condition of the cameras and how they've been used. It's a very active community, so it's best to be as straight as you can. You might try setting a price and also putting OBO (or best offer) to see what you'll get. Be wary of low-ball offers, if they seem absurdly low.

Having said all that, I suspect the demand will be low. ne_nau.gif
    Thx for the tip. I'm not looking to make a lot. Just want to make some room for what I expect will be more stuff to come.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    webwizard wrote:
    Thx for the tip. I'm not looking to make a lot. Just want to make some room for what I expect will be more stuff to come.
    nod.gif That's for sure, if you get into this!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au