Options

Baby Girl

cowgirl21cowgirl21 Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited October 17, 2004 in People
Let me know what you think of these pics if you can see them. I had trouble uploading them. ANyway, Let me hear feedback please. I want to open my own studio, but need a good portfolio first. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    edited October 15, 2004
    Okay, they looked a lot better on my computer. The quality turned bad when I uploaded them.
  • Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2004
    Hi Cowgirl!

your shots are lovely! what a cutie!
    the one of just the head looks a little strange to me ??ne_nau.gif
    other than that the others are really nice.
    there is a lady on this site that does lots of really nice kiddy shots (she's got a great arvatar....) i think she's called T4Tots or something like that. there is a long and involved thread about photographing feet too.... have a look!

:D

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    patchoulimommypatchoulimommy Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited October 15, 2004
    Home Studio question
    I love the pictures! The one with the floating head freaks me out, as well, lol...but isnt it fun to mess around with pics in that way?

a couple questions. You dont have a studio yet, how are you achieving the nice black background at home? What kind of camera are you using, what is your home set up like?

and third, is this your baby? Because she's really adorable!!!

-Rebecca
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2004
    Thanks!
    Okay, the floating head is freaky, but cute! My mom and I are actually going to start a business, but for now, We have set up black velvet, pinned to the top of an entertainment center with a chair underneath it to sit in, or we just use the floor also. Any black background will work. I 've used a blanket on the floor before.
    My camera is a fujifilm finepix s3000. It's a great camera, but not for professional pictures. It blurs at the slightest movement and that's hard when you have a baby. Yes that is my baby girl by the way. Thanks for the compliment.
    My mom's camera is a canon rebel. It shoots much better when the baby is moving around. Hope that answers everything!

love the pictures! The one with the floating head freaks me out, as well, lol...but isnt it fun to mess around with pics in that way?

a couple questions. You dont have a studio yet, how are you achieving the nice black background at home? What kind of camera are you using, what is your home set up like?

and third, is this your baby? Because she's really adorable!!!

-Rebecca[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    Baby
    AAAHHHRRRR, a FLOATING head.... lol That is a definite no go for me.
    The other pictures are nice. I like the way the baby is portrayed.
    The one with the foot nibbling is perfect for me.
    I like close-ups from babies, macro in babyshots is lovely.
    I think if you want to go pro, that you need another camera, but if you can use your mom's, hey, that is great...
    It seems to me that you have a great eye for a nice baby portrait, it is the camera that fails you in the sharpness domain...
    "Could you use a tripod?" asked the one with the trembling hands.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2004
    hi again,
    i'm excited that you have the finepix 3000 - i have the s7000! i love my camera (currently having withdrawals as i leant it to my sister-in-law for two days!) thought i would share a few portraits i did of my daughter when i first got the camera - not as formal as yours, but still in macro mode, thought we could share ideas
    (sorry i have to attach them one by one as i don't have a smugmug account - bear with me!):D

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2004
    another ...

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2004
    and another ...

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2004
    i'll stop now....

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2004
    Macro's
    You got it babe, so does the baby...
    I LOVE macro's on babies... What adorable shots you took of her.
    They say it all, sharp and crisp, it is all there.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2004
    awe..... shucks! thanks :D
    it helps when i have such a cute daughter! (brag, brag!)

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2004
    Yeah! We can definitely help each other out! Your pics are beautiful. Great color. Did you use a tripod? Does your camera have problems with blur when the subject is moving? That's the biggest thing I hate with my camera. I have the f-stop set correctly to let in the most light.

AussieKate wrote:
    hi again,
    i'm excited that you have the finepix 3000 - i have the s7000! i love my camera (currently having withdrawals as i leant it to my sister-in-law for two days!) thought i would share a few portraits i did of my daughter when i first got the camera - not as formal as yours, but still in macro mode, thought we could share ideas
    (sorry i have to attach them one by one as i don't have a smugmug account - bear with me!):D
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2004
    sharpness
    I forgot to mention that blurring occurs more with digital then with film
    Due to the shutterdelay...
    I used to take my minolta for childrens parties, taking 300 shots to be sure of 50 sharp ones.
    You press the shutter button, but for some camera's, it takes a while before it actually does something. That is where the blur comes in. Your kid only has to make a little move for the picture to be blurred.
    I have learned in the mean time that you need a more or less good camera to avoid shutter delay... setting it on sport program is not always enough. :cry :cry
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    The blurring occurs because the shutter speed is too slow. Simply put, if you have more light, the camera can set a faster sutter speed, and you won't get any blur. Prosumer cameras need a lot more light than dSLR's because they tend to shoot at a low ISO in order to control the amount of noise in the image. So, more light = less blur.

The shutter lag is a separate deal - it doesn't cause blur, it just means you can easily miss the moment because of the delay between your pressing of the button and the camrea taking the image. Hope this helps.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au