Options

jumping duck

wolfieswolfies Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited May 14, 2006 in Wildlife
The story behind this shot….

I was walking around this little lake taking some photos of the baby ducks I come across this baby jumping straight out of the water. I spent several minutes trying to figure out what this little guy was doing forgetting that I have this 10bl camera in my hands by the time I realize this he only jumped a couple more times. I just wish the light was better so I could have gotten a faster shutter speed on it. But here it is the only jumping duck I’ve ever seen. If you look he was trying to get that crane fly and he never got it but he sure tried.

69112288-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    dups41dups41 Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    It looks as if he swam in to that reed at full throttle and it didn't give an inch lol3.gif

Nice shot.
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Your shutter speed was to high, you didn't get any motion blur from the momma duck shakeing her head at her little one. Nice capture
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    we have ducks here at home, andi have seen them trying to jump up and eat things in the trees, or catching bugs. they are quite humorous, since as domestic ducks, they can't fly.......
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    It looks as if he swam in to that reed at full throttle and it didn't give an inch

Nice shot.

Lol thanks I wish I didn’t stand there and try to figure out what it was doing but it cracks me up

Your shutter speed was to high, you didn't get any motion blur from the momma duck shakeing her head at her little one. Nice capture

That way to funny wonder if I can edit that in some how

we have ducks here at home, andi have seen them trying to jump up and eat things in the trees, or catching bugs. they are quite humorous, since as domestic ducks, they can't fly.......

can you get some shots of them we need a duck jump contest or something it was funny watching this guy try to get some food
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2006
    Neat capture. thumb.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Neat capture. thumb.gif

thanks