Options

Bolsa Banditos

jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
edited May 15, 2006 in Wildlife
I had the pleasure of shooting with Jeff and Ben again the other day. Problem with shooting with people is sometimes we all get the same shots...

We all saw the same morph hawk

69121751-L.jpg

And we all saw the same terns...

69121781-L.jpg
69121774-L.jpg
Especially this tern as he shakes off the water...
69121779-L.jpg
69121771-L.jpg
Same old skimmers too:rolleyes
69121767-L.jpg
69121762-L.jpg
I doubt anyone missed the egret catching fish...
69121748-L.jpg
...and flipping.:D
69121743-L.jpg
RWBB were out in force as well. (I thought this flight shot looked way better on my little camera screen:cry )
69121759-L.jpg
69121756-L.jpg
Ben and Jeff got so tired of this cooper's hawk, the stopped shootin it to conserve memory space. Thanks for letting me post the only photo of it guys:thumb . That, is how you know who your friends are folks:flip
69121738-L.jpg
Thanks for makin it through a long post everyone and good shooting with you again lads!:D :): :thumb

-J

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Great shots Jeff. I always like seeing the differences people see when shooting the same subjects. That tern twisting in mid air is sweet. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Great shots Jeff. I always like seeing the differences people see when shooting the same subjects. That tern twisting in mid air is sweet. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before.
    Dude, yur up late man! Thanks for the comments Nick. We need to get you out here for a shoot sometime before I head out for the big chill. Everytime I look at your avatar the cremasteric reflex fires awayrolleyes1.gif. That looks like a lot of freaking snow.

-j
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    My Avitar was taken in Wisconsin. We get a little less snow than that rolleyes1.gif . Nothin beats ice fishing in -15 walking a mile through a foot of snow on top of ice! I did get these shots though with my Olympus P/S.

You don't know how much I'd like to get out by you. But my vacation time is all but spent. I already went to Florida, I'm going on the dgrin shootout all next week, and then in June I'm going to Missouri trout fishing, then in July going to the garden of the gods in southern Illinois. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I could sneak away for a 4 day weekend or something.

Oh, I'm always up this late. I'm actually still at work right now for another half hour. Second shift sucksumph.gif .
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    A whole lot of nice shots, Jeff! But the one that does it for me is that 2nd red-wing. He is just about as perfect as you get....and the background is spectacular...I love the nearly out-of-focus shaft of grass or plant. Very cool!clap.gif
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Best to date Doc, hands down you got some sweet shots clap.gifthumb.gif
    you and that new lens begin to be buddies :D

You are forgiven for the Coopers, cause it's a rockin shot as well :lol

Overall very impressed and only slightly miffed. No prob I'll get ya next time thumb.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Marvelous set Jeff especially the 4th shot. clap.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Great set!!thumb.gifthumb
  • Options
    Dave LeeDave Lee Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    These are great!! That tern looks like it's about to come apart.
    =====================
    davidleephoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    My Avitar was taken in Wisconsin. We get a little less snow than that rolleyes1.gif . Nothin beats ice fishing in -15 walking a mile through a foot of snow on top of ice! I did get these shots though with my Olympus P/S.

You don't know how much I'd like to get out by you. But my vacation time is all but spent. I already went to Florida, I'm going on the dgrin shootout all next week, and then in June I'm going to Missouri trout fishing, then in July going to the garden of the gods in southern Illinois. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I could sneak away for a 4 day weekend or something.

Oh, I'm always up this late. I'm actually still at work right now for another half hour. Second shift sucksumph.gif .

A "little" less snow? Crap...I'm gonna need to find a few hills and make a snowboard jump. I'd wade through that snow all day for some eagle shots though! Let me know if you end up in the area for a few days--we'll give you the first rate photo tour.

-j
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    A whole lot of nice shots, Jeff! But the one that does it for me is that 2nd red-wing. He is just about as perfect as you get....and the background is spectacular...I love the nearly out-of-focus shaft of grass or plant. Very cool!clap.gif

Thanks saurora! I really got lucky on that one--the wind was blowing pretty good so both the bush the bird was in and the background bushes were blowing back and forth. I have several attempts and thats the only one that came outne_nau.gif Glad you liked it!

-J
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    the tern twist thumb.gif the coppers in that bad light clap.gif very good -you can not have the book back maybe i missed something :D if we have sun then we go shot something else thumb.gif maybe the zoo .It was a fun day good to have you back out again
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 12, 2006
    OK OK I can take a hint.... guess I'm an "anti-thug" now....
    but I can still praise you for that 4th shot! Fantastic clap.gif
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Nice shooting , Jeff. Well done series of shots. thumb.gif
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    bfjr wrote:
    Best to date Doc, hands down you got some sweet shots clap.gifthumb.gif
    you and that new lens begin to be buddies :D

You are forgiven for the Coopers, cause it's a rockin shot as well :lol

Overall very impressed and only slightly miffed. No prob I'll get ya next time thumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

Thanks Ben and nice to see ya again. The new lens and I are starting to get along ok. Now if I could just get her to drop some weight:uhoh
    Its nice that the 3 of us are at the point where we can all come home and have some nice images to share!

See ya soon!
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Marvelous set Jeff especially the 4th shot. clap.gif

Thanks so much Harry. Turn out that burst option is pretty cool after allne_nau.gif
  • Options
    jmlapointjmlapoint Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    The Flip
    Jeff;
    Loved them all, but the 'Blue Angel' tern was spectacular
    jml
  • Options
    wolfieswolfies Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2006
    Great shots really like the hawk ones
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2006
    Khaos wrote:
    Great set!!thumb.gifthumb

Thanks Khaos!
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2006
    Dave Lee wrote:
    These are great!! That tern looks like it's about to come apart.

Thanks for the comments Dave! I thought the same thing when I first saw it too. He had just come out of the water and was starting a fly-by when I went into full machinegun burst mode. When I did a quick review of the series with the camera LCD I had no idea how lucky I was. Glad I don't delete anything in the field anymore:D
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2006
    jwear wrote:
    the tern twist thumb.gif the coppers in that bad light clap.gif very good -you can not have the book back maybe i missed something :D if we have sun then we go shot something else thumb.gif maybe the zoo .It was a fun day good to have you back out again

Thanks Jeff. I had to do a ton in post on that coopers shot. Too bad Ben scared him awayne_nau.gif

Looking forward to next time!
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2006
    Angelo wrote:
    OK OK I can take a hint.... guess I'm an "anti-thug" now....
    but I can still praise you for that 4th shot! Fantastic clap.gif

Well you always were the most civilized of the thugs if that what you mean:D.

Thanks for the king comments and I'll make sure you get the heads up before the next session!