Options

Tell me what you like/don't like

cowgirl21cowgirl21 Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited October 18, 2004 in Wildlife
:dunno Just playing with my camera. Tell me what you like or don't like about these pics.
Amber

Comments

• Options
    edited October 18, 2004
    grazing horse
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2004
    Be different.
  • Options
    DVDRDVDR Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2004
    cowgirl21 wrote:
    Be different.
    ...the one red leaf makes all the difference
  • Options
    DVDRDVDR Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2004
    cowgirl21 wrote:
    ne_nau.gif Just playing with my camera. Tell me what you like or don't like about these pics.
    Amber
    ...not quite sharp enough on the rusty wire...
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2004
    DOF too shallow maybe
    cowgirl21 wrote:
    ne_nau.gif Just playing with my camera. Tell me what you like or don't like about these pics.
    Amber

The depth of field seems a bit too shallow. While the blur of the background is very nice, the post itself is not as crisp front to back as I would like it to be. Try with a smaller aperture next time. Composition is rather nice.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2004
    Focus
    Maybe it is just me, but on the first and third images I cant find what your focus point of the image is. I can see that you weretrying to focus on the pos in the first one but it seems a bit fuzzy for my taste when trying to capture a good DOF. On the third image it just looks like you were trying to capture the whole scene on the ground but once again i cant see specifically what you were trying to focus on as the whole image is just slightly blurry and not sharp. I like idea of the second image alot, but would be much better in my opinion if you had focused on the horse and left the fence out of focus. Would have been a great effect. Any chance of a reshoot?
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2004
    I agree that it should be sharper. I actually tried to make it a little sharper on my computer. I should have had a tripod on these.ne_nau.gif

DVDR wrote:
    ...not quite sharp enough on the rusty wire...
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2004
    What camera did you shoot these with?
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2004
    rolleyes1.gif Fujifilm Finepix s3000. Why? ANy suggestions?
    What camera did you shoot these with?
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 18, 2004
    cowgirl21 wrote:
    I agree that it should be sharper. I actually tried to make it a little sharper on my computer. I should have had a tripod on these.ne_nau.gif
    Amber,
    Yep, I agree with DVDR, they could be sharper, espically the 1st and last ones. I sort of agree with Mike, too. The 1st pic has me mystified as to what idea you are trying to get across. I do, however, "get" the last shot. I like the idea of one solitary red leaf among the other less colorful leaves. The 2nd one, IMHO, has lots of possibilities. I really enjoy shots that make me look through something. Like shots looking out of a window, or a doorway/arch, or even through fence openings. I think this one might benefit from more zoom (or moving closer), so that the focus is more the animal in the pen. There's so much pretty landscape in that shot, that the animal, nicely framed by some of the pen's boards, almost seems secondary.

I'll second your motion on a good tripod. After a case for your camera and a memory card, I view it as the next "must have" accessory. A tip if you find yourself without a tripod. Shoot in "Burst" mode, if your camera has this feature. Even if you have some camera shake goin' on, at least one of the 3 pics will likely come out sharp.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2004
    Just curious what kind of camera. I dont know wnaything about the fuji but one of the things the made me decide to upgrade to a DSLR was that I wanted to have tota control over what I was shooting and would know that if my pictures turned out bad it was me and not the camera tht caused it. I wasnt trying to say that I didnt like what you were trying to capture, i was just trying to point out that I couldnt find what specifically you were trying to capture in the first image due to the sharpness of the first image. On the third I could tell you were trying to capture the lone red leaf amone all the others but the image as a whole was slightly blurry and that to me took away from the effect I think you were trying to capture. In the second image I was just trying to suggest focusing on the horse and not the fence, although I dont know how you would accomplish this with the camera you have as I am not familiar with it. Keep up the good work though.thumb.gif
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2004
    I appreciate the feedback! Any feedback, good or bad, will make me a better photographer. Thanks again!!clap.gif

Just curious what kind of camera. I dont know wnaything about the fuji but one of the things the made me decide to upgrade to a DSLR was that I wanted to have tota control over what I was shooting and would know that if my pictures turned out bad it was me and not the camera tht caused it. I wasnt trying to say that I didnt like what you were trying to capture, i was just trying to point out that I couldnt find what specifically you were trying to capture in the first image due to the sharpness of the first image. On the third I could tell you were trying to capture the lone red leaf amone all the others but the image as a whole was slightly blurry and that to me took away from the effect I think you were trying to capture. In the second image I was just trying to suggest focusing on the horse and not the fence, although I dont know how you would accomplish this with the camera you have as I am not familiar with it. Keep up the good work though.thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2004
    No problems, thats what this forum is for... for everyone to learn and share their knowledge. Although mine is definitely lacking and I mostly learnrolleyes1.gif
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1