69492481-L.jpg

69492470-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gildcogildco Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    Khaos wrote:
    From Baltimore via Ohio.

Very nice sequence of a remarkably beautiful bird. Haven't seen any orioles in Charlotte yet. Good work.
    Gil
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    Nicethumb.gif Really well done with what looks to me like a not so easy exposure.
  • Options
    Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2006
    The second and third are okay, nothing to write home about. Fill flash could of made them really nice or at least a catch light.
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    Bob Bell wrote:
    The second and third are okay, nothing to write home about. Fill flash could of made them really nice or at least a catch light.

Thanks for the comment and suggestion.

Will fill flash work on a 400 with a 1.4 extender when you're far away from the subject?
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited May 15, 2006
    Nice shots in difficult conditions. In shot 3, if you shot raw, I think you could coax more detail out of its black head by cranking up the exposure. I'd prefer to blow out the sky if it means being able to see the bird better.

Pretty bird.

Regards,
    -joel
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    kdog wrote:
    Nice shots in difficult conditions. In shot 3, if you shot raw, I think you could coax more detail out of its black head by cranking up the exposure. I'd prefer to blow out the sky if it means being able to see the bird better.

Pretty bird.

Regards,
    -joel

Thanks.

I only shoot raw. That was the best I was going to get. Right time, right place with birding. It takes patience and my stupid job gets in the way of the time.umph.gif

Someday I'll find one in ideal conditions.
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    Great Orioles Khaos. I tried getting some on Sunday but couldn't get good angles or close enough for decent shots. These are some of the most beautiful birds I have seen. Hopefully I can get some shots like these one of these days. As for the flash, have you ever tried a Better Beamer? It really extends the reach of your flash and is great for fill and adding a catch light.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2006
    sweetclap.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"