Options

Challenge 23 - Time to Rise!

digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
edited October 18, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've been away for almost a week, so I'm trying to do everything at the last moment ... (as usual ...)

Here are some shots taken last weekend in the Rocky Mountains (Canmore, AB. and Banff, AB). These first few are as the sun first shone on the peaks, turning the normally grey colour to a spectacular red.

Version #1

9979139-L.jpg

Version #2 (no velvia action)

9979140-L.jpg

Version #2 with Velvia action
9979144-L.jpg

And a totally different entry "Timeless Moment". We went to the Bow Falls in between rain storms and saw this couple getting their wedding photos taken ...

9979145-L.jpg

Thanks for any late feedback before tomorrows deadline :)

Brad

Comments

• Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    I like #2 with velvia action. altough I must admit that any of the three on their own are awesome. Looks like it was a pretty incredible spot to be photographing. Reminds me of the many weekends I spent in the alps last winter before coming down here. Great work.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    Nice, #2, or #3. I like them both a lot. The wedding photo is very unique.
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    I love this shot. #1 has the best colors, but some of the shadow detail is lost compared to #2. How about a little more shadow detail on #1. Do you have PS. Just a little tweak with the highlights/shadows feature should do the trick.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2004
    I love the third picture, the colors are amazing! I also like the wedding picture, but the people are a bit too small, they seem to be swallowed by the beautiful landscape.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2004
    time to rise would be perfect for the landscape challenge :D but it didn't speak "time" to me at all.

it's a super shot, just lovely.