Options

New Sony "Alpha" SLR

erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
edited May 17, 2006 in Cameras
Looks like Sony's repackaging of the Konica-Minolta line is well underway. Should be interesting!

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news/articles/story_7867.html

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,827 moderator
    edited May 17, 2006
    Ever notice that there are no specifics in these announcements?

There is no release date.
    There is no model number.
    There is no discussion about features retained from Minolta DSLRs or new to the Sony models.
    There is no pricepoint or even a range of prices.
    There is a mention of, "20 new lens models over the course of a year." Which year? (Why do they need 20 new lenses anyway?)

These guys must use the same writers our politicians use.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    I bet "20 new lenses" = 20 KM lenses with a Sony logo..thats why they need 20, because they already have 20. Remember the alpha is 'new' too.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    I am fan of sony but in DSLRs it will be hard to beat Canon and Nikon lets wait and see what they launch in market
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    cmason wrote:
    I bet "20 new lenses" = 20 KM lenses with a Sony logo..thats why they need 20, because they already have 20. Remember the alpha is 'new' too.

I think KM's line up was around 39 at the end of 2004...so is sony cutting 19 lenses or actually adding 20 to the line up bringing the total to 59 lenses????ne_nau.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2006
    If Sony puts a freely movable IR filter in their next camera for nightvision and IR, they would have something to really brag about.