Options

Paranoid much?

camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited May 19, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
The recent thread on homeland security made me chuckle, because of a shoot I'll be doing in two weeks.

We plan on taking two models, a 2005 Lotus Elise, and driving into a number of gas stations, where the models will get out and pump gas (which we'll pay for!) while two assistants run up with reflectors, I shoot, and one more assistant takes video of the whole thing (we intend to edit the video to make it look a lot more "dangerous" than it really is). The goal is a spontaneous shot of one model pumping the gas looking upset (at the high prices) and the other sitting there looking bored.

The kicker: both models will be in lingerie.

Am I paranoid? Yeah, a little. The first few gas stations that we asked for permission flat-out said no. So we're going Guerilla style and doing an in-and-out in less than 3 minutes. In a way, getting stopped by police/security might be cool, since we're not breaking any laws.

It's one thing to get a visit from homeland security when you're minding your own business. It's another to do something risky. But hey, live on the edge, right? (plus, the client for the shoot is paying well).

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 18, 2006
    I can see the fark.com headline on this one.:D
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    LuckyBobLuckyBob Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    Where should I be and when so I can see this? I spend most of my day driving around the downtown Seattle area between clients so I'm sure I can make a "pit stop" :D

Nice job at SEAF by the way thumb.gif
    LuckyBobGallery"You are correct, sir!"
  • Options
    sthigsthig Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    please god post these photos...

I don't care about the women in lingerie...it's the candid guerilla shots I want to see
    -Scott
    photos: Scojobo.com
    illos: sThig.com
  • Options
    BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    Rooters 1st April 2009

Guerrillas attack gas station

It was reported earlier today that Guerrillas arriving with two scantily clad young maidens drove dangerously fast into a gas station and crashed into a postal worker who had stopped to pick up a sandwich.

The ensuing gun battle left two dead Guerrillas and the gas station in flames.
    The young ladies said " It was only a bit of fun, I offered to buy him another ham and pickle sandwich but he just went ape, you know, he went postal "

A cameraman who was lucky enough to be close to the action with both a stills and video camera is being interviewed by police.

Breaking news....
    cambler wrote:
    while two assistants run up with reflectors.

An elderly lady who was filling her empty tank for $2.50 said.

" I think I saw two fairies fly past just before the station burst into flames, I thought it was the end of the World"
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • Options
    camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    LuckyBob wrote:
    Where should I be and when so I can see this? I spend most of my day driving around the downtown Seattle area between clients so I'm sure I can make a "pit stop" :D

Nice job at SEAF by the way thumb.gif

Thank you - this year SEAF was good to me :):

I've selected four stations on the Eastside, actually, in Bellevue and Redmond.