Options

photo catalog?

mpmcleodmpmcleod Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
Is it possible to download a text file of all my photos on SM?

What I would like is a tab-delimited file (or CSV) that includes filename, date taken, size, gallery (name or id) and MD5 checksum so that I can compare it to what I have on my local drives to make sure all my photos have been successfully uploaded.

Do I need to write some code and query each photo individually?

thanks
-- Mike

smugmug nickname: mpmcleod
http://www.michaelmcleod.com/

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    mpmcleod wrote:
    What I would like is a tab-delimited file (or CSV) that includes filename, date taken, size, gallery (name or id) and MD5 checksum so that I can compare it to what I have on my local drives to make sure all my photos have been successfully uploaded.

Do I need to write some code and query each photo individually?
    Nik's StarExplorer (S*E) supports downloading of image data into a database. Openoffice or Access then can export the data into a CSV file. I'm not sure if all the fields you need can be downloaded by S*E, but they should be included in the database. Meaning that it's possible that some data might not be filled into the database if you've uploaded the pictures from outside of S*E.
    Just try it for yourself.

Hope this helps,
    Sebastian

EDIT: Smugmug Exporter is/was a website script that used to export that data directly into CSV. I just looked at the homepage and it said that it would be discontinued on April 30th, but maybe you can ask Paul directly to help you out.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero