Options

*Challenge 24 - Sebago, Maine

dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
edited October 20, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I skipped the last challenge, wasn't a big fan of the time theme. Anyway, this one inspired me, I even hiked a mountain! Too bad so hazy. Comments welcome.

Douglas Mountain, Sebago, Maine.

10081949-L.jpg

10081950-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ishish Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2004
    dugmar wrote:
    I skipped the last challenge, wasn't a big fan of the time theme. Anyway, this one inspired me, I even hiked a mountain! Too bad so hazy. Comments welcome.

Douglas Mountain, Sebago, Maine.

10081950-S.jpg

Hello Dugmar, I prefer the second of these two. The first is less engaging and the trees in the foreground seem detached from the picture too much. The second one has a more natural flow for the eyes. I am curious, do you have more from this vantage point? Thanks for sharing~ :)
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2004
    Hi Dugmar, that's a great view, must have been a fun climb. You can try unsharp mask at something like 30, 60, 1 to clear up a bit of the haze and then bump up the "levels" a bit to make the colors pop a little. I fooled with it a bit and it does help.

But I think these shots are missing the mark a bit. The view is nice, but there's no real point of interest to look to. Also the shadows from the clouds really hurt the distance, IMO. You must have shot a bunch from the hike, I'd really be interested in seeing some more. nod.gif
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2004
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Hi Dugmar, that's a great view, must have been a fun climb. You can try unsharp mask at something like 30, 60, 1 to clear up a bit of the haze and then bump up the "levels" a bit to make the colors pop a little. I fooled with it a bit and it does help.

But I think these shots are missing the mark a bit. The view is nice, but there's no real point of interest to look to. Also the shadows from the clouds really hurt the distance, IMO. You must have shot a bunch from the hike, I'd really be interested in seeing some more. nod.gif
    I was illegally parked and the sunlight was choppy. So no, no more really. None that are better at least. Plenty of time left.

Doug
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2004
    Hey, you said you "hiked a mountain", not "parked illegally on a mountain! What gives?? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2004
    I'm afraid I agree with DJ, get back on a clearer day, maybe move the horizon further from the middle ne_nau.gif

"Illegally parked" that's my kind of hiking! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 20, 2004
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Hey, you said you "hiked a mountain", not "parked illegally on a mountain! What gives?? rolleyes1.gif
    At the base of the trail. It was still a pretty good hike. :)