Options

Baby Buns

ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
edited May 21, 2006 in Wildlife
Tis the season so here is one nest we have been watching for about 2 weeks. The much is sharp the buns moved:): The Siberian Iris shot I just threw in because I like it. C&C always welcome

70670364-L.jpg

70550614-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    Two good oens and the little bunnies are so cute. On the bunny shot I would have stepped down the aperture to try to get them all in focus.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2006
    little bunnies are so cute.

CUTE??? Did YOU say/type CUTE, you still not feeling well Harry???rolleyes1.gif

On the bunny shot I would have stepped down the aperture to try to get them all in focus.

Thanks Harry, yes I should have stopped down more, they were in pretty heavy shade and I'm to dumb to up the ISO..so the shutter speed tankedrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    Watch out or the first photo will eat the second one! :D

I'm a witness....Harry did type CUTE. Old softy!

Nice ones, Thusie.
  • Options
    raianraian Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    They are precious. Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately I've mowed over more than my share of bunny nests (not a nice thing and totally accidental, I assure you!)

The shot of the iris is Beautiful!!!
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    I have never seen baby bunnies before T..thanks. Appears to be a nest. Illegal to keep rabbits in my state & they enforce it strongly.
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2006
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    Watch out or the first photo will eat the second one! :D

No they eat my HEATHERS! My winter bloomers, Ohio drab, dull, flowers in winter cool, just as they were ready, trimmedumph.gif
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2006
    Raian, Gus

Buns do the nest thing in some strange spots. We have had many near misses and some hits and we look for nest so we won't..Thanks for looking.

Gus yes that is a nest and with sort of a head count looks to be 8 of them. They have a very high mortality in these parts, loads of predators, w/o predators you would get up to your ears in them quick. I believe that is what happened in your neck of the planet? The old saying breed like rabbits is based on fact:D Found a dead adult female out back this morning..MO of a GHO. And your welcome Gus.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    Thusie wrote:
    Raian, Gus

Buns do the nest thing in some strange spots. We have had many near misses and some hits and we look for nest so we won't..Thanks for looking.

Gus yes that is a nest and with sort of a head count looks to be 8 of them. They have a very high mortality in these parts, loads of predators, w/o predators you would get up to your ears in them quick. I believe that is what happened in your neck of the planet? The old saying breed like rabbits is based on fact:D Found a dead adult female out back this morning..MO of a GHO. And your welcome Gus.
    A fella released 24 rabbits here in the mid 1800's & then they built a fence 2100 miles long to stop the rabbits spreading. I remember a few years back here ..a local pre-school had a desexed big fat pet bunny & the authoritys turned up & took it away. They really dont like the little blokes.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    Beautiful shots :D rabbits are so cute
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    Adorable
    I didn't know bunnies "nested." Learn something new every day. Toward the end of the day at the beach we see the bunnies come out of the underbrush to nibble on shorter grass and green stuff.
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2006
    .a local pre-school had a desexed big fat pet bunny & the authoritys turned up & took it away. They really dont like the little blokes.

Wow I guess they are right serious, seems bit extreme there. Then again we don't have buns eating every piece of green for miles either.
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2006
    Thanks much Awais and Dee.
    Dee nest is a strange term when it comes to rabbits. The babies are in the nest but mom only shows 2-3 times a night to feed. When the young are about 3 weeks old they are on their own and the female is off prepping for another batch. This applies to the E. Cottontail.