Options

My Molly

StaceyMarieStaceyMarie Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited May 22, 2006 in Wildlife
Hello :)

This is a picture of my black lab Molly. I was hoping to get some feedback on it. I am VERY new to the photo world, and this was taken witha Kodak Z650 digital camera

molly1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    Welcome to Dgrin. wave.gif. That's a pretty dog. My last dog was a lab, I love that breed.

You clipped part of Molly's head on the shot otherwise the comp is pretty good. Looks like you had some tough lighting.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    StaceyMarieStaceyMarie Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 21, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    Welcome to Dgrin. wave.gif. That's a pretty dog. My last dog was a lab, I love that breed.

You clipped part of Molly's head on the shot otherwise the comp is pretty good. Looks like you had some tough lighting.

Thanks Harry!

I'm still not a whiz with the lighting. The camera has a histogram that will tell me where the light is, but I'm still working on reading it ;) There's also a spot on her chin that I can't figure out. It certainly isn't on her physically.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2006
    I second Harry's welcome!

Like Harry said, looks like you had some tough backlighting to contend with and the dark fur on your friend didn't make life any easier. But, looks like you over-came those challenges in a well-executed manner.

The strange spot may be an artifact of the fill flash? I don't know. If you attempt this again, you may want to dial back the fill flash a bit and see if that spot disappears.