Options

Here lizzard, lizzard, lizzard

StefStef Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited May 22, 2006 in Wildlife
Taken a couple weekends ago in Sun City, AZ. Went fishing with my dad and husband. (they didn't catch anything, but I had fun.)

68198826-L.jpg

And here is another one. I liked the background on this one.
68198849-L.jpg

The funny thing about these little guys is that they actually hung out and watched me as I was setting up my tripod and trying to find just the right place. They almost seemed as interested in me as I was in them.
Taken with Nikon D50 :uhoh and Sigma 150/2.8 macro.

Comments

• Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2006
    Awww...so cuddly and lovable! rolleyes1.gif

Equality for lizzards! Puppies and bunnies get all the...iloveyou.gif

Seriously, the first one a good shot.
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2006
    Lizards wouldn't be my preferred subject-matter, but that first shot is excellent! The color of the little devil and the surrounding landscape is beautiful!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    LuckyBobLuckyBob Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2006
    Great shots - I love the isolation in the second one. Lizards seem to be perfectly willing to hang around and watch people shoot...

My (small) company's office is actually a floor above an exotic pet supply company which breeds various types of lizards, chinchillas along with other fuzzy creatures, and pretty much every known tarantula species out there. Since I just got my Canon 100mm macro a few days ago I'm hoping I'll have some "free" time in the office to head downstairs and shoot some pics of 'em. :D
    LuckyBobGallery"You are correct, sir!"
  • Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2006
    Both neat shots! I like how apparent the lizards excellent camouflage is in the first photo. What a cool creature.
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2006
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    Awww...so cuddly and lovable! rolleyes1.gif

Equality for lizzards! Puppies and bunnies get all the...iloveyou.gif

Seriously, the first one a good shot.

Thanks for looking and commenting. Yeah, puppies and bunnies were getting boring. :D
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Lizards wouldn't be my preferred subject-matter, but that first shot is excellent! The color of the little devil and the surrounding landscape is beautiful!! thumb.gif

I'm with you on that one. Lizzards freak me out, but there were so many of them there I had to do it. Now if they would have got closer to me, I would have had to take these from INSIDE the car. :D
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2006
    LuckyBob wrote:
    Great shots - I love the isolation in the second one. Lizards seem to be perfectly willing to hang around and watch people shoot...

My (small) company's office is actually a floor above an exotic pet supply company which breeds various types of lizards, chinchillas along with other fuzzy creatures, and pretty much every known tarantula species out there. Since I just got my Canon 100mm macro a few days ago I'm hoping I'll have some "free" time in the office to head downstairs and shoot some pics of 'em. :D

Thanks for taking time to comment. I think I will leave the spiders to you. Can't stand the little buggers. Be sure to share your results with us tho.

Have fun!
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2006
    Nimai wrote:
    Both neat shots! I like how apparent the lizards excellent camouflage is in the first photo. What a cool creature.

Thanks for noticing that. I was going to crop it a bit closer, but it lost alot in the process. I wanted to show the surroundings and just how well they can blend in.