Options

The Golden Arch...

WadeWade Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited February 7, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
On my way home from work the other night, I stopped at a light. I looked up at the Gateway Arch and saw this. The sun setting behind me cast a golden glow all up the North Leg of the Arch. I grabbed my camera and snapped this through the windshield. Sharpened and lightend in PS.

Arch005sm.jpg
Wade

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited February 7, 2004
    Wade wrote:
    On my way home from work the other night, I stopped at a light. I looked up at the Gateway Arch and saw this. The sun setting behind me cast a golden glow all up the North Leg of the Arch. I grabbed my camera and snapped this through the windshield. Sharpened and lightend in PS.

Arch005sm.jpg
    I like the color and the cropping but I would have cloned out the vegetation - it just seems to me to be distracting -
    McDonalds might like to use it - ya think?

Once again it is the light that makes the picture great - not the subject.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2004
    Excellent shot! That's one of th few I've seen of the Arch that gives it a little personality. Nice job. I agree with the cloning out of the vegetation... but a small detail in an otherwise excellent find. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    WadeWade Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2004
    Thanks
    wxwax wrote:
    Excellent shot! That's one of th few I've seen of the Arch that gives it a little personality. Nice job. I agree with the cloning out of the vegetation... but a small detail in an otherwise excellent find. thumb.gif
    Thanks to you both. I thought about cloning out the tree tops, and probably will. Just haven't done it yet. I appreciate the comments. Thanks much.
    Wade