Options

cat's challenge 24 landscape

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited October 22, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is a try out... It is technically not perfect, I have to redo it, but I thought this was a nice vista too.
I was waiting in my car for a rainbow to come out in front of me, and the backwindow caught my eye, so I tried to combine the two.
I am not too sure wether to focus on the mirror in the front to have the back in focus, or focus to the front but thave the back flou.
I liked the shot for my picture book...
Story with this pictures is as follows. I recieved my new iMac G5 yesterday in UK, ordered it in the States, as we can get it to base.
I came home eiger to play and plugged it in the mains. Dead...
I found out 3 long phones later that the machines sold in the states and Japan don't have the auto voltage switch. I could cry... I fried a brandnew 20 inch 2500 dollar worth computer.
I called apple today in cupertino, but they basically say "you have eyes, use them" while I say, if our two previous apples had auto switch, why would you think backwards as like apple does not put it in default anymore
So it is in the english repair store now, to get a new power supply, I can if all goes well pick it up tomorrow, and I took the picture when I was coming back from the store without my new computer.
Bugger... anyway, that is the story about the picture.
Honey, I fried the computer...
:hang :hang

Comments

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    This is a try out... It is technically not perfect, I have to redo it, but I thought this was a nice vista too.
    I was waiting in my car for a rainbow to come out in front of me, and the backwindow caught my eye, so I tried to combine the two.
    I am not too sure wether to focus on the mirror in the front to have the back in focus, or focus to the front but thave the back flou.
    Story with this pictures is as follows. I recieved my new iMac G5 yesterday in UK, ordered it in the States, as we can get it to base.
    I found out 3 long phones later that the machines sold in the states and Japan don't have the auto voltage switch. I could cry... I fried a brandnew 20 inch 2500 dollar worth computer.
    I called apple today in cupertino, but they basically say "you have eyes, use them" while I say, if our two previous apples had auto switch, why would you think backwards as like apple does not put it in default anymore
    So it is in the english repair store now, to get a new power supply, I can if all goes well pick it up tomorrow, and I took the picture when I was coming back from the store without my new computer.

I like the idea. A unique approach. I am not sure what I'm seeing here though. I like the landscape I see across the bottom half.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    I too am a bit confused as to what I'm seeing..ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2004
    Vista
    lynnma wrote:
    I too am a bit confused as to what I'm seeing..ne_nau.gif[/QUOTE

Sorry folks, I know what i see because i was there.
    It is the rear window of a car, with a little parking mini window in it.
    The back window is only rain, but in the little parking window you can see another hill with a tree to the right. I was sitting in the front seat, so that is what I saw while being in the car.
    The bottom part is what I see through the front window.
    I will try to redo it, but would like to find out which way of focussing would be best for something like that.
    I also need to find out how to get the little image in the parking window sharper and better defined.
    Thank you both ladies for the interesting replies.
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2004
    Sorry about the computer!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts