Options

urgent help!

KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited May 26, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
hi all - I'll make this short cause i'm using my treo phone...no internet as i'm in santa fe for the weekend. shot a full card on my 20D today & wanted to transfer pics to my ipod via my sisters apple G4 imac laptop. plug in the camera via usb, up pops iphoto & recognizes camera & begins import. when done, I can't find the raw files. I'm out of memory & have 2 more days of shooting. short of buying more memory, any ideas as to how to get the raw files to the laptop?

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    I replied to your PM:

The photos should be in iPhoto, but what I would recommend is using Image Capture, set the preferences so that you use Image Capture, NOT iPhoto when a camera is connected. Then you can specify the location they get downloaded to (a folder) and you can copy to your iPod, if you've got Disk Mode enabled.

Hope that makes sense.

To recap:

open Image Capture.

Change prefs to used Image Capture for importing (when a camera is connected, open Image Capture)

Use IC and specify a folder

copy that folder to your iPod
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    image capture worked like a charm! thanks...i'll post some pics after the weekend. have a great memorial weekend all. Kevin K.