Options

sand hill cranes

livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
edited May 26, 2006 in Wildlife
we have 26 acres and i know these guys nest way at the back of our property, but i have never tried to get close to them. this morning i pulled out of the garage to go to work, and there they are, right across the road. i love the soft morning light.

71356235-L.jpg

71356627-L.jpg
laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff

Comments

• Options
    chaberlackchaberlack Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    Your very lucky to have these on your property. I found this guy just a few miles from my home today (also in Minnesota).

71344746-M.jpg
    livinginoz wrote:
    we have 26 acres and i know these guys nest way at the back of our property, but i have never tried to get close to them. this morning i pulled out of the garage to go to work, and there they are, right across the road. i love the soft morning light.

71356235-L.jpg

71356627-L.jpg
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    Good shots Laurie, just watch your composition. The one in the bottom pic needs room to walk, he should be in the right of the frame. I really like the motion blur of his foot as he is walking.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Good shots Laurie, just watch your composition. The one in the bottom pic needs room to walk, he should be in the right of the frame. I really like the motion blur of his foot as he is walking.

thanks, nick. i will see if there is more room. i was shooting my 100-400L on manual focus, and i am so shaky in the morning i was just happy to get one or two close to focused:D
    laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2006
    Nice shots of one of my favorite birds. We have them all over our development down here. Very often traffic has to stop while they cross the road.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"