Options

Need little help for a caw

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited May 27, 2006 in Landscapes
:dunno I want to remove this caw from this Irish landscape picture. :dunno
I used the clone tool but it does not return the convenient texture from the grass ...
Can I have a tip please ?
Thank you.:thumb
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2006
    Antonio,

The clone tool should work OK on this, but I will give you some guidelines and alternatives.

First, when using the clone tool (or anytime you want to remove/alter something significant from the the original) work on a new layer. Ctrl-Shft-N on a PC.

You may be getting less than optimal results with the clone tool because of the brush settings you are using. You need to check the hardness of the brush you are using. I would use a fairly hard brush (80-90%).

Your other tool settings are Opacity, Flow, Aligned, and Sample All Layers, oh, and of course, brush size. For this situation, I would use a high opacity (>80) and a low flow (20-50). What this means is that when you click, you only clone a small amount of new material. With a low flow, you will have to click several times to totally remove the cow. I would use a brush size slightly smaller than the cow. Move the brush around the area you are trying to cover as you click, so as not to create a strong, visible edge.

You will need to Sample All Layers, because you are on a blank layer. Alignment would be good in this case, because it will use different grass samples as you click around the cow. Experimentation is important here.

What else can you do? Well for starters, you could simply copy a chunk of grass that is larger than the cow. To do this:

1. On the base layer, select the grass with some type of selection tool (lasso, marquee, etc)
    2. Copy it to a new layer (Ctrl-J).
    3. Use the move tool to move this piece of grass over top of the cow.

You still might have a visible edge on this selected piece of grass, so again, you might want to use the clone stamp to touch up the edge a bit. You could also use a layer mask to make the edge a little less visible.

If you have photoshop CS2, you also have a number of other tools to try such as the Patch tool, Healing Brush tool and spot healing brush tool. You might be able to do this in one fairly easy step with the patch tool or spot healing brush tool.

I often use multiple tools to get the job done. Again, the path to success, is experimentation and practice. I am confident that in no time at all, Ireland will be cow free ...

Regards,
    Brad
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2006
    Brad
    Thank you for the tip.
    I'll try a bit latter and let you know about the results.
    Nice of you to reply.
    "
    ... I am confident that in no time at all, Ireland will be cow free ..." soon very soon ... :D:D
    Regardsthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 27, 2006
    That's it !
    With the Healing Tool !
    More at: http://www.antoniocorreia.com/gallery/938401
    Thank you ! thumb.gif