Small Tour (Inspired by San Jose)and more Shanghai

2»

Comments

• damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2004
    Interest in China
    I hope that this interest in China will spill over to someone who can publish an eye-opening book about China! I still have a few more months to beef up the portfolio.
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited March 24, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    I'm glad that people are interested in this city! Here are a few more. Thanks for the kind words!!
    2929174-L.jpg
    Oh my gosh I love that shot, and most of your others too.
    edited March 24, 2004
    Fisherman
    Thanks Baldy. The canal that he was fishing on was so serene; he was out there in the morning.
    edited March 24, 2004
    Yesterday in Shanghai
    I went for a walk yesterday and saw this. I've been meaning to photograph these people and I finally have. They wheel around grass on HUGE carts and I still need to find out the purpose. Until then, help me figure it out.

3055564-L.jpg

This was a husband and wife team...

3055562-L.jpg

And the environment in which they work...

3055561-L.jpg

And some new blossoms...

3055563-L.jpg

More to come!!
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    I went for a walk yesterday and saw this. I've been meaning to photograph these people and I finally have. They wheel around grass on HUGE carts and I still need to find out the purpose. Until then, help me figure it out.

3055564-L.jpg

This was a husband and wife team...

And the environment in which they work...

And some new blossoms...

More to come!!
    Very very interesting Damon.. hubby of lynnma and lynnma sit and look at your lovely shots with great enjoyment and interest. Looking forward to more.
    Thanks
    Lynnthumb.gif
    edited March 28, 2004
    The Other Night
    Sundown Friday Night at The Bund...

Two people waiting for sundown
    3092190-L.jpg

Many people gather down by the water
    3092192-L.jpg

The colors reflect off of the river
    3092191-L.jpg

A pretty pier
    3092194-L.jpg

Nanjing Road walkway, close by...
    3092193-L.jpg
  • happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    Damon

so many fantastic shots in this thread.... to many to single out any... I like the way you capture ordinary people going about their business, each has its own stary to be told. Ive not been to Shanghai, but through your photos feel a sence of 'experience'. I love Asia and have had the pleasure of travelling through South East Asia, beautiful people, beautiful place.

Yvette
    :roflhappily snapping
    edited October 24, 2004
    Thank you again Yvette. I'm so glad that you can share the experience without havingbeen there. Excellent...
    Damon

so many fantastic shots in this thread.... to many to single out any... I like the way you capture ordinary people going about their business, each has its own stary to be told. Ive not been to Shanghai, but through your photos feel a sence of 'experience'. I love Asia and have had the pleasure of travelling through South East Asia, beautiful people, beautiful place.

Yvette