Options

Color or No Color?

JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
edited June 6, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
So here's the deal, I use colored font from time to time, just because...no real reason or prupose, other than I get tired of looking at all the white font. I guess some don't like colored type, I will leave it up to you....Color or No Color?:dunno
Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 29, 2006
    i vote for no colour or is it color ? headscratch.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    I find it really hard to read when folks change the colors.
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    I vote no color unless you need to use it to highlight something specific.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    Hey, Jeffro:

Yes, I find unnecessary color annoying, but don't take my ribbing too seriously. I'd love it if folks would just leave the color alone, unless they have specific needs like the customizing folks do when they tag code.

Another thing about colors: if you specify white, there are plenty of folk who won't be able to se it at all, since they use a dgrin theme that has a white background. Leave well enough alone, I say.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    I don't like color in general, it's hard on the eyes (especially at night). But I do like it and use it to highlight specific key elements. I don't like large extra wide fonts, they are really difficult to read. My eyes are old and worn out! umph.gif
  • Options
    edited May 29, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Hey, Jeffro:

Yes, I find unnecessary color annoying, but don't take my ribbing too seriously. I'd love it if folks would just leave the color alone, unless they have specific needs like the customizing folks do when they tag code.

Another thing about colors: if you specify white, there are plenty of folk who won't be able to se it at all, since they use a dgrin theme that has a white background. Leave well enough alone, I say.

Serious? Who me? Yeah right. I just figured I'd see if you were alone....so far I'd say no. But i guess I am......:cry
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    B&w
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    Color or No Color?ne_nau.gif
    No colour, nor any font changes at all, for that matter. Some posters use also use odd fonts and/or bolding in their posts, which makes them very difficult to read, IMHO.
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    Im color blindlol3.gif
    j/k
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2006
    Im color blind lol3.gif
    j/k
    So you wouldn't appreciate this image from your own site? headscratch.gif

9651941-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2006
    No Color.
    looks like no color font wins.......:cry Oh well it's not the end of the world!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2006
    White is not a color headscratch.gif remember white meat milk is white both good for health white won here because eyes get minimum stress while reading white font so it is good for health clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    inaina Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    One problem I just found is that with color fonts, you assume that everyone is viewing the forum in the same style as you. I switched over to view the forum in white, as it is easier on the eyes for me. Then I came across someone posting with light colored text that was barely readable. headscratch.gif Then I realized that the person changed the fonts to suit the default forum style with the black background. Oh well.
    Ina
    Gallery: thisisina.smugmug.com
    Blog+Photos: thisisina.com