It needs to hold:

Nikon D100 with a sigma 170-500 mm lens attached

Nikon N90 Body

75-300 mm zoom

24-80 mm zoom

1.4 tele extender

I flash unit

set of three extension rings

Assorted film, memory cards, filters, caps, cleaning kit, etc.

It needs to meet airport carry on specs. It needs to be comfortable to carry all of this stuff long distances and have a method of attaching a large tripod. It could be a backpack style or a shoulder bag.

Do any of you have suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    I need a camera bag.

It needs to hold:

Nikon D100 with a sigma 170-500 mm lens attached

Nikon N90 Body

75-300 mm zoom

24-80 mm zoom

1.4 tele extender

I flash unit

set of three extension rings

Assorted film, memory cards, filters, caps, cleaning kit, etc.

It needs to meet airport carry on specs. It needs to be comfortable to carry all of this stuff long distances and have a method of attaching a large tripod. It could be a backpack style or a shoulder bag.

Do any of you have suggestions?
    http://www.lowepro.com/pages/BGindex/IX_pro35.htm

I have a trekker that is at least 17 years old and might be more than 25. It still looks like new and it has been in a lot of countries and a lot of airports. Nowadays I pack camera and computer gear together in a hard sided carry-on for the flight and work from multiple small thick canvas bags. One bag to hold the 100-400IS, one to hold 80 f1.2 & 17-35, one lens on the camera, spare battery in either bag and with 2G microdrives in the camera, no need for spare cards.

But back in the day... the trekker carried an Canon 1A and a FTB and a Yashicamat 124G (TLR) and a handful of lenses with a not large tripod strapped to it. Later the old Canons gave way to the EOS-10s and EOS-650 as a second body.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2004
    There is a catch 22 when buying camera bags. Buy too small, and you risk running out of room. Buy too big, and you risk having a bag that's so big and heavy, it gets left behind when a smaller lighter bag would not have.

So with that out of the way: I give another vote for Lowepro. I use the mini treker. It'as a good compromise size wise and it has an outstanding tripod cary system. With a little re-aranging of the internal dividers, it would fit all your stuff no problem.