Options

DEAL: Crumpler NYC - BEER 4 BAGS!!!

DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
edited June 6, 2006 in Flea Market
Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited June 2, 2006
    While its late and I'm not wrapping my head around what this entire promotion is all about eek7.gif (those Aussies - what can I say), I'm wanting one of those 8-ball bean bag chairs something bad. iloveyou.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    Bob BellBob Bell Registered Users Posts: 598 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    It's late so I'm missing something in the contest as well, but some of those prizes are really nice. Maybe Andy can hook us up :)
    Bob
    Phoenix, AZ
    Canon Bodies
    Canon and Zeiss Lenses
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 2, 2006
    lol3.giflol3lol3.gif

crumpler have had that here for quite some time.

Check out a video about it here

and some crumpler history for those interested.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    Too funny, and what a great idea...

I'll drink to that! :sloshfriday.gifslurpbeer.gif1drink

Time for a trip to New York!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 2, 2006
    I am so there. nod.gif

thanks for the reminder... I remember missing this last year.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    What a clever marketing campaign! I'll probably be spending a few hours in NYC on Tuesday, I may try to do this!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    What a clever marketing campaign! I'll probably be spending a few hours in NYC on Tuesday, I may try to do this!

Hell I was thinking what a cleaver way to get enough beer to have one hell of a party weekend.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2006
    Been there many times but....what a web site:crazy

Although I do like the song he sings might have to learn that one.
    Words are easy enought.

Fred
  • Options
    EFOTOSEFOTOS Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    Crumpler DEAL!! GET TO THE NYC STORE!! Bring Beer!
    clap.gifThe Crumpler Bags for Beer sale is here!1drink.gif

Went to the Crumpler store on Spring street this past weekend and bought bags for BEER!!! It was amazing! Spent $40 on beer and walked away with the $30 Bundle and the $95 Crumpler Luncheon bag (they will let you substitute the luncheon for the Complete Seed). Only bummer is no Photo backpacks are offered.

Depending on what bag you want you have to bring in a specific combination of beer. Seems like you'll save about 70%. (before tax) For the Complete seed you need to bring in a case (12 bottles) of Leffe and the large bottle of Chimay. For the Bundle it was a case of PBR and a 40 of OE. There's a beer distributor 2 blocks away so it's super easy - Although funny enough it was hardest to find the 40oz of OE had to go to a smoke shop down the way.

For the others the link to the key is http://www.crumplerbags.com/b4b/ (as most of you know you'll want to turn the sound off - still the worst site ever)

There doesn't seem to be a limit - there were guys getting 5 bags at a time when I was there. Wish I had more room in my suitcase. It's only til this weekend and then they are having a party where you can come back and drink the beer.

Have fun!

Erin

www.bandfotos.com
  • Options
    mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2006
    EFOTOS wrote:
    clap.gifThe Crumpler Bags for Beer sale is here!1drink.gif

Depending on what bag you want you have to bring in a specific combination of beer. Seems like you'll save about 70%. (before tax) For the Complete seed you need to bring in a case (12 bottles) of Leffe and the large bottle of Chimay. For the Bundle it was a case of PBR and a 40 of OE. There's a beer distributor 2 blocks away so it's super easy - Although funny enough it was hardest to find the 40oz of OE had to go to a smoke shop down the way.

A case of Leffe and one of the large bottles of Chimay? This may be blasphemy, but I'm not sure it's worth it.:D

(Although it sounds like the party at the end might be...)