Options

challenge 24

nadinadi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited October 25, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
A couple of potentials I took yesterday.....

10160729-L.jpg

10160730-M.jpg
The careful man tries to dodge the bullets.... while the happy man takes a walk.
Mark Oliver Everett

Comments

• Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2004
    nadi wrote:
    A couple of potentials I took yesterday.....

10160729-S.jpg

10160730-S.jpg
    Nice pictures both. Even though I myself eschew doing this kind of thing in PS... I thenk the top one could benefit from more striking light and the bottom from being softer perhaps even misty. YMMV
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2004
    I like the first one in the way the color of the sky is accented in slightly blueish tint of the building. The second one is nice but maybe it could be a bit wider, somehow it doesn't say "land-scape" to me more of a detail shot and the roof of the gazebo and sky behind it is a bit bright which detracts some from the softness of the rest of the composition.

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2004
    I like the cityscape the best. I love the composition of the skyline and the building you chose for this, but I think the trees below make the picture feel busy. Just my opinion, but I would probably try to find a way to crop these out. Not sure if this would be possible without taking some of the bottoms of the buildings off as well though. Still a very good photo though. Keep em coming.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2004
    I really like the first one, and I like the trees at the bottom. I think that they make for a nice foreground with the curvy roof on the bottom right. I might consider cloning out the crane as it is the only non-building thing in the skyline.

Nice job!
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2004
    I really like the city scape... Perth is a beautiful city, and youve captured that.

I love the subtle colours in the sky.
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2004
    I really like the city scape... Perth is a beautiful city, and youve captured that.

I love the subtle colours in the sky.
    thanks hapysnapper, if I entered it I was thinking of calling it "Perth: Prettier than Adelaide".....:D

.... not sure how that would be interpretted by the judges tho...

Actually, I have a strong dislike for cityscapes in general, but I thought this one was not too bad because the colours are fairly cool (as opposed to the warm yellow light in most photos I've seen of Perth). I'm a country girl at heart, and maybe thats why I have so much trouble finding a landscape around here.....?
    The careful man tries to dodge the bullets.... while the happy man takes a walk.
    Mark Oliver Everett
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2004
    nadi wrote:
    thanks hapysnapper, if I entered it I was thinking of calling it "Perth: Prettier than Adelaide".....:D

Thats actually funny!!! (not tru, but funny all the same)...

I was wondering from your cityscape... do you work for Westpac or ANZ??? or are you on commission???
    Its amazing how the banks logos are the only visable ones !!thumb.gif
    Did you take them out in P/S
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    Nooo happysnapper I don't work for a bank..... thanks for pointing that out tho... I shall get onto it.

meanwhile, a couple more I managed this weekend....

10282690-L.jpg

10282689-L.jpg
    Mark Oliver Everett
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    I really like these 2 new shots.... I like the vineyard shot (I took one very similar yesterday), but I would like to see it in colour...

Yvette
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    I like the other one better.....
    10313539-L.jpg
    Mark Oliver Everett
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    I like the color vineyard the best of your so far. I think it needs a tiny bit of rotation and cropping to the right though. The horizon seems a bit out of whack. Good shot though.thumb.gif
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2004
    I think I like the B&W better than the colour too... can you darken the photo a bit, to bring out the features a bit more??
    I think the B&W gives it an older look. Nice
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2004
    nadi wrote:
    Nooo happysnapper I don't work for a bank..... thanks for pointing that out tho... I shall get onto it.

Niadi I like the vineyard shot as well... I like the city scape too but we don't see too many vinyard shots here and it's very interesting.. I too would like to see it in color.
    Lynn
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2004
    I like the colour one the best. Hard to tell if the sun is directly overhead or directly in line with the rows of the vineyard. A shot just a sunup or sundown might give a different colour and feel to this shot.

Brad

nadi wrote:
    10313539-L.jpg
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2004
    nadi wrote:

Oh, my, you did well this weekend. I do like the city scape, but I love the ones from this weekend.

How will you choose?

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2004
    I really like these 2 new shots.... I like the vineyard shot (I took one very similar yesterday), but I would like to see it in colour...

Yvette
    I like the vineyard in sepia, maybe the only person who does, but I do.

Also the other one, the one with all those gorgeous flowers in the foreground. I have been wanting one of those shots................ I love yours.

Put up the one everyone else likes, hehe. Supposedly we are supposed to like our photos, with our discerning eyes, so well that winning is not an issue.

I have not decided on that, I think it depends on the statement and the degree of involvement I have with certain photos.

I do love those shots. (The cityscape is good, but as Lynn said, some of us don't have vineyards in our backyards, nor do we/I know where to find one. We do grow tea here, or something, maybe I should explore that sometime.)

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.