Medium Format Tree Architecture

illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
edited June 10, 2006 in Landscapes
This was taken with my medium format Yashica 124G Mat, I wish I could shot with it more often but it cost too much money to get the film developed. Enjoy it.
~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.

Comments

• JarvisJarvis Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2006
    Excellent. I really like the texture.
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Thanks, it looks a little out of focus but you can see the original which is in focus on my site.

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 9, 2006
    what film do you use- and is it 120 or 220 roll?-

it's been a long time since I've done traitional darkroom, but have you looked into developing film on your own?---

I would think that the cost savings would be substantial-

I really don't know if it can be done but if it can, you might want to check it out-

if it's similar to the way 35mm tri-x used to be done then it's no biggie-

george
  • Blue SnapshotsBlue Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    It really isn't that expensive
    This was taken with my medium format Yashica 124G Mat, I wish I could shot with it more often but it cost too much money to get the film developed. Enjoy it.

But I guess all things are relative. For medium format I just have my local mom & pop lab develop the film and then I scan the neg at 600dpi. It's less money than the "chain camera stores" that sound like Wolf or Ritz and they do a much better job.

These "chain camera stores" are horrible and I can get a 16 shot roll developed for about $5.00 at my local mom and pop place. Look around and I bet you can find a place like this.

Now Velveeta mwink.gif is another story. I've calibrated my scanner but I can't get good color rendition from it so I have Velveeta developed and digitized. That runs a bit more money.

Very nice shot BTW. thumb.gif
    My Smugmug Snaps

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    Really nice! nod.gif
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2006
    love it
    edited June 9, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:

it's been a long time since I've done traitional darkroom, but have you looked into developing film on your own?---

I really don't know if it can be done but if it can, you might want to check it out-

george

I develop most of my black and white film at school, but now since its summer I have no way of doing. I really don't want to go through the pain of buying chemicals and rest of that stuff, also my parents wouldn't approve of developer and fixer being used anywhere in the house. But I have a couple of rolls of Velvia that I plan to shoot with while I'm in Cali for the next two weeks. I will probably just spend the money and get it developed at some lab.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited June 9, 2006
    That's a nice shot. I like the on your site a bit better.

Hopefully while you're out here in California, you'll get to some of the scenic spots!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited June 9, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:

george

Ohhh and I use 120 sized film.

Ian do you know of any good spots to shoot around Huntington Beach, I know Huntington Beach itself is gonna provide me with enough photos, but is there any good isolate beaches or anything else around there ?

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited June 10, 2006
    Ohhh and I use 120 sized film.

Ian do you know of any good spots to shoot around Huntington Beach, I know Huntington Beach itself is gonna provide me with enough photos, but is there any good isolate beaches or anything else around there ?

HB was a bit of a secret but not anymore but If you have a longish lens, you
    can get some surf shots over at the pier.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?