Options

Nikon SB 600 Question

ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
edited June 10, 2006 in Technique
I have a little p+s canon camera I take when the slr's to bulky. Would LOVE to know if I can make the SB600 slave to it, as I use it that way all the time with the D70.

Tried all the combinations of channels and whatever (sorry, ingorance here) trying, seem to not be able to.

But it has a sensor thingy, right? And some slaves fire from just ONE flash, right?

So can I do this? :lol3
"There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg

Comments

• Options
    BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2006
    I don't know about your PS but I have a D50 and I was told (by the local photography store) that I could use the SB-600 as a remote flash with my D50. After much work and many hours I finally went to Nikon and emailed tech help. The answer is "no" the D70 has a commander mode that fires the SB-600. So I can buy a SB-800 with built in commander mode (another $300) attach it to my D50 and then it will fire the SB-600 remotely, or keep my flash and buy the new D70....

So my guess is that your PS won't work.....ne_nau.gif

I think I saw somewhere (eBay maybe) a device that's about $50 that attaches to the shoe mount of the flash and then I think it fires when it senses another flash. I believe that it uses a light sensitive mechanism rather than IR like the "commander".

Hope that helps!
    Kat
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt