Options

Challenge 24-Autumn colors in Missouri

cowgirl21cowgirl21 Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited October 26, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Not as beautiful as New England, but not too bad. Tell me what you like/dislike about these photos!
amber

Comments

• Options
    edited October 25, 2004
    !
    cowgirl21 wrote:
    Not as beautiful as New England, but not too bad. Tell me what you like/dislike about these photos!
    amber
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2004
    cowgirl21 wrote:
    !
    !
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited October 26, 2004
    cowgirl21 wrote:
    amber
    Welcome Amber - good to hear from someone from Missouri. I try to ride the Katy Trail every year at about this time in the wine country.

I think your images look slightly undersaturated - Are these images straight from your camera or have they had any post processing? If they are straight from your camera, you might try to alter the color controls to increase the color saturation some. You did not specify what camera you are using so I cannot make any sugestions about how to use it best .... ne_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    Cheryl51Cheryl51 Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 26, 2004
    cowgirl21 wrote:
    amber
    I like the first one,rolleyes1.gif I think it needs saturation to bring up the tree colors
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2004
    These are straight from my camera. I only adjusted the brightness. I'll try saturating some. I have a P&S, Fujifilm s3000.
    umph.gifcry
    pathfinder wrote:
    Welcome Amber - good to hear from someone from Missouri. I try to ride the Katy Trail every year at about this time in the wine country.

I think your images look slightly undersaturated - Are these images straight from your camera or have they had any post processing? If they are straight from your camera, you might try to alter the color controls to increase the color saturation some. You did not specify what camera you are using so I cannot make any sugestions about how to use it best .... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2004
    Cool
    cowgirl21 wrote:
    amber

What I like about the one with the trail is the layering in the composition. Some grass right up front, the lake and trail is next, then the trees in the final background. To me, that grass in the foreground makes the image.

I also like the reflection in the lake and the spots of reds and oranges in the greens of the trees.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu