26673950.jpg
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• LBGLBG Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    Great shots...
    That is an awesome site to see in person. I was in Boston a month ago and there was a wedding at the hotel I was staying at and a fire boat came up and did a 'show' (for lack of a better word) for the wedding but they sprayed red and blue water so when it came out it was red/white/blue, pretty awesome. Great shots. Where were you, looks like you had a great spot.
    26673942.jpg

26673950.jpg[/QUOTE]
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    LBG wrote:
    That is an awesome site to see in person. I was in Boston a month ago and there was a wedding at the hotel I was staying at and a fire boat came up and did a 'show' (for lack of a better word) for the wedding but they sprayed red and blue water so when it came out it was red/white/blue, pretty awesome. Great shots. Where were you, looks like you had a great spot.

Balcony of my 33d floor apartment.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2004
    Very cool, Charles. You have a 600 lens yet? naughty.gif You have the perfect perch for one.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Very cool, Charles. You have a 600 lens yet? naughty.gif You have the perfect perch for one.
    Sigh... ex-apartment. When they raised the rent by an extra $2200 in one year, I bailed. Siver lining... This was just before the dot-bomb and I would have been is really bad shape if I hadn't moved even with a less onorous raise.

PS: thinking of renting the EF 500 f4L for a day and the EF 400 f4 DO in another day to try to decide which is my next purchase.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Sigh... ex-apartment. When they raised the rent by an extra $2200 in one year, I bailed. Siver lining... This was just before the dot-bomb and I would have been is really bad shape if I hadn't moved even with a less onorous raise.

PS: thinking of renting the EF 500 f4L for a day and the EF 400 f4 DO in another day to try to decide which is my next purchase.

I've been thinking about renting a long lens as well. When I bought the 300, Patch said I should have saved up for a 400 instead, and used extenders on the 70-200 to reach 300. I now see the light. But it's expensive illumination.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I've been thinking about renting a long lens as well. When I bought the 300, Patch said I should have saved up for a 400 instead, and used extenders on the 70-200 to reach 300. I now see the light. But it's expensive illumination.
    I've loved my 100-400 f5.6L. Almost all my little league league, ospery, surfing, and rowing shots were shot with it. It's plenty sharp and has great bokah. The only problem is that isn't fast. But with the 1dmkii, that doesn't matter that much because high ISO works so well. Because it's a zoom, it's more flexible than a 400 prime. It's pretty easy to hand hold (I've never used a tripod with it.)

On the 1dmkii, you can use an externder with this lens. The only downside is that when you do this, it can only use the center autofocus point.
    If not now, when?