Options

Sun / Spider

johnnydangerjohnnydanger Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited October 27, 2004 in Wildlife
sunspider.jpg
Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comments

• Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    sunspider.jpg
    Very cool.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    DVDRDVDR Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Very cool.
    Great pic and great timing...thumb.gif
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    Very cool!
    I love this. It would be so nice to hang something like this on the wall. I'm sure people would constantly comment on it. So unique! My question is: Is it safe to point your camera directly at the sun like that? Will it harm the sensor or something?
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    johnnydangerjohnnydanger Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2004
    I think it harmed my right eye a lot more than my sensor! But seriously, the sensor was only open to the sun for like a 250th of a sec max, if not even less time. With a consumer digital cam I'm sure you could burn the sensor out as it's always open to all the light coming in so that it can show it on the LCD screen in real time on the back, but on a digital SLR with a real shutter I doubt it does any real harm.

Thanks all, I'm pretty pleased with the shot and thought you all might like it. Cheers.
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.