Options

Red Sox are WORLD CHAMPIONS!

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited October 28, 2004 in The Big Picture
:clap :clap :clap

Holy crap, I am in shock, it hasn't really set in yet! I have been a fan for 30 years, my parents have been fans for 60 years... I'm speechless.

GO SOX, WORLD CHAMPS 2004!!!

1st team to ever win a postseason series after losing the first 3 games.
1st team to ever win 8 postseason games in a row.
Only the 3rd team to ever win the World Series without ever trailing in a game.

:super :beer

And now back to photography...

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    Congratulations! The Bambino can finally rest.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    as it was foretold, by me
    hehehe

i was just a week ahead of my time with this thread

congrats to the sox, and their fans, this was a long time coming....
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    Glad they broke the curse.

Andy, have you seen a New York Times this morning? Does it have Sox win on the front? The NYT we get here does not have anything on it. I am sure they print it early in the evening. I would like a copy of the NYT with Sox Win, to go with my collection of newspapers and magazines. I have a Washington Times with Clinton Impeached, Tiger Woods first masters win on SI and others. I just figure it might be a few years before we see a playoff and series like this again.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2004
    the new york times
    patch29 wrote:
    Glad they broke the curse.

Andy, have you seen a New York Times this morning? Does it have Sox win on the front? The NYT we get here does not have anything on it. I am sure they print it early in the evening. I would like a copy of the NYT with Sox Win, to go with my collection of newspapers and magazines. I have a Washington Times with Clinton Impeached, Tiger Woods first masters win on SI and others. I just figure it might be a few years before we see a playoff and series like this again.

yes, the times that i get delivered to my home is the punultimate printed edition each day, and yeah, they had a cover story, pics, and full writeup in the sports section.

i have the paper, i'll send it to ya!