Options

Sale at Cal's camera

erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
edited June 17, 2006 in Flea Market
If you live in Orange Co. you may want to pay a visit to Cal's camera (http://www.calscameras.com/). They've got a great sale on Cokin filter and accessories. $20 buys you an X-pro filter (I got the 124) or a X-pro filter holder, or a lens adapter. You pick. I got all three for $60. Saved at least $120.

Erich

Comments

• Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2006
    I remember when Cal's camera ROCKED. Now they have so much dead space inside, sigh. Digital is hurting a lot of salemen who adapt slowly. Gone are the days when a Nikon F2A could sit on the shelf for 5 years and still sell and give the dealer a profit. Now the D200 and other models need to go before film bought at the same time.

Maybe this is a topid for a different thread...anyone else see personal service camera stores hurting to adapt?
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2006
    luckyrwe wrote:
    Maybe this is a topid for a different thread...anyone else see personal service camera stores hurting to adapt?

yeah, the one decent real camera store near me went out of business this fall - and just when I was really beginning to catch the dSLR accessory bug too:cry

it's getting harder and harder to just go pick up the equipment and see how it feels before you buy.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    luckyrwe wrote:
    I remember when Cal's camera ROCKED. Now they have so much dead space inside, sigh. Digital is hurting a lot of salemen who adapt slowly. Gone are the days when a Nikon F2A could sit on the shelf for 5 years and still sell and give the dealer a profit. Now the D200 and other models need to go before film bought at the same time.

Yup, me too. The new store is too oriented towards looking pretty IMHO. I much prefer the messy, friendly, well-priced Pro Photo. Though Samy's SA did very well by me today. :D I stopped going to Cal's a long whiile ago.
  • Options
    ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2006
    luckyrwe wrote:

Trust me, I feel it.

Hardware now takes up about 1/3 of our store, and only makes us about 5-10% of our profit. It's brutal.

Our bread and butter is printing... so if you want to save your local camera store, print print print. You're not hurting them any by not buying gear there.
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2