Options

A dilemma

TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
edited June 19, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
I was at Summit Point yesterday shooting motorcycles and while taking ~600 pics, I had some requests. My first mistake - I didn't have any business cards. That will be remedied next time.

I have a standard smugmug account which I'm happy with, but I don't really want to put the pics there because I can't set pricing and I don't want 5x7s and 8x10s going for smugmug rates. Also, I think putting up low res versions and having to deal with everyone by email to take requests and such would be a huge PITA. Is my only solution to pony up the $150 for a pro account? If customers want a CD of images, I'd have to handle that myself, right?
panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
Sony F717 | Hoya R72

Comments

• Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2006
    Hi Tristan,

FWIW, I use a site called Eventpictures.com. You don't have your own page like w/ smugmug pro, but for a relatively small up front fee and commission on sales, you can sell your photos and down loadable images on line at your asking price. The feedback I've had from people who have bought my soccer pictures has been pretty favorable. PM me if you have any questions.

Colleen
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)