Options

New dgrin member and some contributions

arjunrcarjunrc Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited October 29, 2004 in Wildlife
wave.gif ,
I recently joined dgrin and it was suggested that I share some of my interests with this forum.

I own an F717 (as of now, recurring dreams of a D-SLR may soon change that) and my primary interest is landscape photography.

(tra-la-la)these are a few of my favorite things(tra-la-la):
Please feel free to comment/criticize these and more at my homepage.

regds
arjun

Baltimore Inner Harbor by Night:

original.jpg

Yosemite sunset at glacier point
original.jpg

Yosemite bathed only in moonlight

original.jpg

San Francisco By Night (ok, this image has a dark-untold secret behind it. It went under the knives of some of the best known surgeons at 90210)

large.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited October 29, 2004
    All very beautiful shots. Especially Glacier Point at Sunset.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    Welcome
    Welcome to the forum... This is an awesome group of people who will expand your photography knowledge tremendously. I have only been a member for about a month and a half now and have learned a ton.

These are all great shots. I love Glacier Point sunset and the Baltimore Inner Harbor. I am a little biases witht the Baltimore one though as I grew up about 15 min from downtown. Also, my brother lives no more than a half mile directly behind where you were standing to take this shot in Federa Hill. Baltimore is a great city and can be very beautiful as you have captured. Keep up the great work and please share some more.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    Great work! Welcome to dgrin, arjunrc. How do you pronounce that, by the way? naughty.gif I especially like the Glacier Point shot, beautiful tones.

So I'm guessing your passion is panoramas? lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2004
    Ian, thanks for your comments :-)
    Ian, thanks for your comments
    regds
    arjun
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2004
    Welcome to the forum... This is an awesome group of people who will expand your photography knowledge tremendously. I have only been a member for about a month and a half now and have learned a ton.

These are all great shots. I love Glacier Point sunset and the Baltimore Inner Harbor. I am a little biases witht the Baltimore one though as I grew up about 15 min from downtown. Also, my brother lives no more than a half mile directly behind where you were standing to take this shot in Federa Hill. Baltimore is a great city and can be very beautiful as you have captured. Keep up the great work and please share some more.
    Thanks Mike. I too liked the baltimore shot the most at one time - but Ive gotten bored of it :-) I learned the stacking and blending technique for the baltimore shot from shay stephens at the dpreview STF. If was one of the only images in the STF forum that actually drew more than a 2-3 responses rolleyes1.gif so in that way, its still special to me ;-)

regds
    arjun
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Great work! Welcome to dgrin, arjunrc. How do you pronounce that, by the way? naughty.gif I especially like the Glacier Point shot, beautiful tones.

So I'm guessing your passion is panoramas? lol3.gif
    Hi Sid, thanks !
    I like landscapes and yes, I do like panoramas a lot as well. However, it just so happens that I just posted panos - there are a lot of single shot images in my main gallery too. I guess when (and if) I buy a 10-22mm wa lens, I wont have to stitch so often.

"arjunrc" is actually a combination of my firstname and initials of my surname.

so the pronunciation is: 'Arjun-R-C'
    and arjun is pronounced as 'R-June' mwink.gif

regds
    arjun
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    Beautiful work!!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2004
    Thankyou Nir :-)
    Nir wrote:
    Beautiful work!!
    Thankyou Nir :-)
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    Very nice. Welcome to Dgrin.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Very nice. Welcome to Dgrin.
    thanks Thomas !

regds
    arjun
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited October 29, 2004
    Arjun,

Welcome to Dgrin and I liked them all. Of course, being so close to these areas, I am partial to the SF Bay shot and the Yosemite shot clap.gif

Not to worry about those "recurring Dslr dreams". My doctor tells me that they are perfectly normal in people that are obsessed with photography.....Laughing.gif

Again, welcome and thanks for sharing your shots,

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2004
    Arjun,

Welcome to Dgrin and I liked them all. Of course, being so close to these areas, I am partial to the SF Bay shot and the Yosemite shot clap.gif

Not to worry about those "recurring Dslr dreams". My doctor tells me that they are perfectly normal in people that are obsessed with photography.....Laughing.gif

Again, welcome and thanks for sharing your shots,

Steve
    Hey thanks Steve. Gee, I never knew there were so many STF members in this forum. Good to see all of you and thanks for the kind words.

regds
    arjun
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2004
    Arjun, very nice work. However, I expanded my screen as large as I could get it, and I could not see the edges of the panoramas. Just a thought. May be only me.

I like the black and white, a little Ansel (ish). Very nice stuff.

Nice group of people here, kind of like the old water cooler. Except we do have a challenge you can enter. Though I don't think panoramas are included, I don't really know.

I have been doing a lot of landscapes since joining here a few months ago. I have never liked doing landscapes in the past (I am old with a past, age 65, smile). One thing about landscapes though, it is kind of like the tent camping I used to do, gets you, me, to some great places.

Welcome again,

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2004
    Hello Ginger, thanks for your kind comments.
    My, this certainly seems to be a fairly active forum.

You may have to scroll right - you should see a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the screen. I agree its a pain to scroll - I should have posted smaller images (but those always degrade the beauty of landscapes, imho)

regds
    arjun